MK4 HID Projector setup wiring diagram

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Here are some clean wiring diagrams on how to connect an HID projector setup in both single beam xenon without a shutter, and in a bi-xenon with shutter projector.

Stock setup

Single beam xenon projector without a shutter

Bi-xenon projector with shutter

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Ok so what is the best legal looking setup. I have to pass inspection every year and they check for High and low beams, turn signals and running lights. I hope to replace my damaged E-code this winter and want a brighter setup, while still looking legal, OEM EURO HID's are a bit to high. Looking for something in the 400-600$ range.

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
I have been looking at them but I need to make sure I get a well made set like Hella's. I have until February to get them so can afford to take my time and see what others are using and saying about them. I may have to go over to Vortex and see what they have to say. Your wiring diagrams will save me from hunting for those,

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Check with "Vancity" and "Mike@VolxTuning" on the Vendors section, they both sell the OEM Rep HID sets.

Or check with "JettaSportTDi" as he builds HID Retrofits, also in the Vendors section.

MrVermin

Robo48

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta 5 speed
I'm wondering if you can activate the solenoid off of the "factory" wiring inside the headlight? Seems the high beam wires are already there no? could you just wire them inside and skip the extra penetrations of the housing?