i must be an idiot

branger

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta alh tdi 1.9L (recently sold),2013 A6 jetta tdi 2 litre DSG
holy god im loosing my mind here lol gravel roads have shredded my stupid retarded fuel cooler just replaced it last year and it's ****ed again so its coming out as i did a swap to manual so don't need it and gravel keeps ripping lines off and spraying fuel all over so im running my lines straight through as to avoid this have lines from parts car off but here is the kicker i couldn't figure the connectors out and just cut lines from parts car now i have to get them off and all ive done in the past is get mad and wreck everyone ive tried . So what's the secret ive wasted about 2 hours on here looking for threads so this is my cry for help lol thanks for your input

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
There's a small rectangular button on the connector, at the very end (the open end). Just push it in, and it'll release.

You may be interested in part 1J0201488C. It covers the fuel lines and protects them from rocks.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Holy God, I'm loosing my mind here. lol Gravel roads have shredded my stupid fuel cooler. Just replaced it last year and it's ****ed again, so its coming out. I did a swap to manual so don't need it and gravel keeps ripping lines off and spraying fuel all over. Now I'm running my lines straight through as to avoid this. I have lines from parts car but here is the kicker - I couldn't figure out the connectors and just cut the lines from the parts car and now I have to get them off. All I've done in the past is get mad and wreck everyone I've tried . So what's the secret? I've wasted about 2 hours on here looking for threads so this is my cry for help. lol Thanks for your input
So with some editing of your stream of conscience post, it appears that you can't disconnect the fuel lines from someplace. Is that correct? If so, maybe you can help us help you by describing what connections are giving you the grief.

branger

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta alh tdi 1.9L (recently sold),2013 A6 jetta tdi 2 litre DSG
eureka

thanks a bunch jcrews got her lines have never been off and eleven years of ****ty roads had them bunged up really good but at least i knew what i had to do i couldn't grasp what i had to do for it to release thanks a million