mickey

Call for reservations: 1.800.234.9003

Check out the Park City Mariott Hotel:
www.parkcityutah.com

I signed my life away today, and gave them my credit card number to guarantee:

Friday Night: 20 room nights.
Saturday Night: 20 room nights.
Sunday Night: 35 room nights.

Why 35, you ask? Because the Awards Banquet will be Sunday night, and the only way to GUARANTEE that we'd get the ballroom was to guarantee 35 room nights minimum on that night.

So...even if you want to stay elsewhere on the other nights, please, PLEASE stay with us at the Marriott on Sunday night! (Evening of September 23rd.) I'm begging you! I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the Forum!

Cost for a single King or double Queen room, single or double-occupancy, is $85 per night, plus a total of about 10% taxes. As you'll see from their web site this is a BIG discount! You'll spend very nearly that much at the "budget" hotels out by the freeway, and you won't get a pool, restaurant, bar or any other real hotel amenities. The Marriott is the place to be! (My wife and I will be staying Sunday night, just for fun.)

Start calling!

-mickey

Jackmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen
I'll check with Vanman on church on Sunday but I think I'll be going for Sat. and Sunday there only. I hope there'll be a room left by then.

valois

Banned
Mickey, I just called and tried to make reservations, they have never heard of Mickey Bitsko.
Eric Anderson, TDI, Fred (I could not believe that one!) Anyway, do us a favor and get us a contact name in the sales department so that all reservations are accreditted to the group. Don't wory about the numbers, you will make them.

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Marriot said it is not in the system to give it a couple of days. Just like old times eh Valois? TDI FEST 2000 had some early glitches till all the motel staff figured it out.

M

mickey

Sheesh.
Oh, well. Give 'em a couple of days.

Identify yourself as a "TDI Club" member. Specify whether you want a "King" or "Two queens" room. There are a liminted number of smoking rooms available on the first floor, so if you want one you'd better call soon!

-mickey

[ April 06, 2001: Message edited by: mickey ]

Karl Roenick

Top Post Dawg
Ok. I identified myself as a TDICLUB member desiring rooms for the nights of 9/21-23. They didn't know anything about TDICLUB, or Eric Anderson. They did let me reserve those nights at $79/night though, which I did. I asked her to put a notation on my reservation that I'm with the TDICLUB.

M

mickey

Cool! You got 'em even cheaper!

It's important that they know you're from the TDI Club, though, so we fill our "quota." I'll call the hotel tomorrow morning and make sure the front desk people get clued in. Go ahead and start calling tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning.

-mickey

M

mickey

OK, start calling. The front desk has been clued in. Mention you're from the "TDI Club" to get the discount. And please, PLEASE stay with us on Sunday night!

Kyle told me he doesn't know how Karl smooth-talked them into what amounts to half price on his rooming, but what the heck...some people are just born with the spirit of a camel trader.

-mickey

Vhunter

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 silver Jetta 5spd TDI
Just got off the phone with the hotel.

I am set for Fri, Sat, Sunday nights! Can't wait for this GTG!

Drive it like you stole it!

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
I'm registered for the 21st-23rd
Thanks Mickey! They acknowleged that they had the "TDI Club" on record and listed me under the blocked rooms $85.00 a nite.

DB

BIGJOHNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf (Black) mine; 2011 Golf (UGM) hers
Just double checking here, but they will not actually charge it to your card until you actually stay, correct?

John

M

mickey

You pay AFTER you stay, as far as I know, unless there is a deposit involved.

-mickey

Diesel Dude

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997, Dark Green
I am confirmed for the three days. I hope nothing comes up to prevent me from coming. Looking forward to it big time. Thanks Mickey for all the effort setting this up.

M

mickey

^

Keep calling in those reservations! This is going to be cool! I'm going to stay up there on Saturday and Sunday night just for the sake of hanging out!

I'll be posting some menu choices for y'all to vote on for the Awards Banquet. We have about a gazillion to choose from, but need to narrow it down to just one.

-mickey

TDI-BUG

TDI
New Beetle, 2001, Silver
Wow, everyone is a Veteran member that is going! Are newbies like me allowed to attend???? Sounds like it could be fun and the ol NB TDI could use a long road trip from St. Louis!

Let me know!

Rodney
MO Lic: TDI-BUG

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
Just a quick note, if you do not make your reservations with the Group Desk at the Park City Marriott... Your reservation will not be considered as part of the TDICLUB group.

Also, all rooms have high speed internet connections (typically, $10 per day)... Anyone up for setting up a streaming camera ???

Gary M

D-lite

For a NW'er that won't know if he can make the trek until a week or two beforehand, the question is; How much advance notice is required to get the "group rate" providing there are still rooms available? I have vacation scheduled from work but beyond that other factors won't allow an earlier committment.

speedrcr

Veteran Member
FINALLY, We just made reservations for 21,22,23. The only bad part is We have to fly out and rent a car
. I can't take the time off from work to drive. Airfar is high for non-stop but I have a tight schedule. I have yet to find a car rental place that rents VW, much less a Diesel. I don't want to get stuck in a neon
I might have to spend a little more and get somthing better. Mickey, any suggestion who to call for a good deal on a (real) car.
I'm leaning towards Budget or Avis at the airport.

I'm looking foward to the salt flats. I'll just ask the people I rent the car from if they have one that can hit 130 in less than a mile.

M

mickey

Maybe I should ask Cutrubus if they would rent out any used TDIs they have on the lot!
Seriously, though, I'll look around. Picking one up at the airport is probably the most reasonable alternative.

Unless the hotel is full, which is unlikely that time of year, I don't think they'll mind giving you the group rate right up to the last minute. Better a cheap room than a vacant one, I'm sure.

Yes, make sure you as for the "Group Desk" when you call! Let me know via email ( mickey@tdiclub.com ) if you have ANY problems! They told me they'd have no problem extending the group rate beyond the contracted allotment as long as there are rooms available. If you're told otherwise, I need to know about it.

The first 2 nights we've met our "quota", but we still need some more reservations for Sunday night in order to guarantee the availability of our banquet room.

-mickey