Hazard Clicking Sound

Cyanotic

Just today my hazard button started clicking like mad then stops. And clicks every few seconds and is driving me mad. I just purchased the car on Saturday. I called the dealership and they said they would fix the problem. But I wanted to know if anyone knows what caused this? They replaced the battery for me before I bought it, the salesman said that something might need to be flashed in the computer. I think he's full of it and talkin out his arse. Is it a simple fix?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
The hazard button on top of the steering column is clicking?
Or the hazard relay down near the fuse box is clicking?

Are any lamps, external or on the instrument cluster, flashing in time with the sound?

Is the sound an intermittant occurrence, even with the car stationary?
Or does it occur only when moving, and more frequently as the road surface becomes rougher?

Cyanotic

the hazard button in the center of the dash was clicking rapidly, every so often. I took it to VW today they fixed it and replaced the actual signal light controller on the steering column. $270, thank god the dealer covered the cost cause I purchased the car on saturday

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
First of all, you have an A4, not a B3/A3. (yeah, I realize you are a newbie) Secondly, there is a recall on the hazard switch on the A4s, so the dealer better have done it for free.