My Black MK4 Golf (4 dr)

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Bought her earlier this year when I decided it was time to trade in my 2004 Mazda3 GS Sport 2.3L. Primary reason for the change was extremely poor mileage (10L/100kms) and premature rusting issues.

Day 1

And now...

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Sweet, manual conversion, some power mods and some heko wind deflectors just to finish off :D

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Needs to be lower :p
I'm not gonna lie I really want coils but couldn't get them cause of the obvious....money! So I managed to get the rims and then some fresh rubbers and a good deal on the prokits so I settled. Still have several other plans but all in time...

Looks nice. Are those BBS LM rims?
Thanks, and yes they are.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
I'm not gonna lie I really want coils but couldn't get them cause of the obvious....money! So I managed to get the rims and then some fresh rubbers and a good deal on the prokits so I settled. Still have several other plans but all in time...
There are several different price point for coils. No worries. Keep up the good work, 4 dr ftw :)

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Apart from the obvious auto box the other thing wrong is the steering wheel's on the wrong side!:eek:

They look good with a drop these golfs but they are also pretty low underneath. I've already pulled my bumper off on a tuft of grass lol. I aint lifting it though, I've got a 35mm drop and I like it. I also like your wheels so if they go missing blame the scotsman :D

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!

What size are those LMs?

Need more pics.
Thanks! They 17x7 et35. I'm hoping a buddy of mine can actually take a couple decent shots. Clearly I'm no photographer :rolleyes:

There are several different price point for coils. No worries. Keep up the good work, 4 dr ftw :)
You're right. I've looked into it but am hoping of coils possibly next season along with a few other things if possible. Thanks again :)

Apart from the obvious auto box the other thing wrong is the steering wheel's on the wrong side!:eek:

They look good with a drop these golfs but they are also pretty low underneath. I've already pulled my bumper off on a tuft of grass lol. I aint lifting it though, I've got a 35mm drop and I like it. I also like your wheels so if they go missing blame the scotsman :D
:D The steering wheel is on the right side :p As for the "autobox" as you like to put it probably will be changed after the wife no longer drives my car...

vlad0401

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL
wow a 2006, i was going to say that you need a transmission swap because the alh ones break or something but i guess you are okay, i have the same car but blue and 2003.

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Had the chance to take a pic of the car a couple weeks back. Was playing around with a couple of apps that I use for pictures...anyhow thought I'd post this up.
Hope you like it!

Last edited:

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Had to get some maintenance work done last week so I figured I'd also get my seats installed. What do you think? I think they turned out quite nicely.

Next mod coming soon.... :D

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Are they new covers over your old seats, or just swapped out your originals for leather? The surfaces look new.
those seats look awesome!
Thanks! They are actually a set that came out of a Jetta. I stopped by to take a look at them and had to instantly jump on them. The wife didn't even give me any but's but "ooh it's leather, I like it :D"

i am looking to do the same thing, can you tell me what you did?
Actually had my mechanic (Brandon @ DCB Auto) did the work. Taking out the seats is quite easy. (plug n play) It's just installing the front leathers was the difficult part as they needed extra wiring in order to mechanically control the seats. Reason for the wiring is because my stock seats only were heated seats whereas these had extra plugs which the Golf didn't have so wiring had to be created for it to work.

Swapping seats is easy, taking the old covers off and putting new ones on is a bit more difficult.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4167663
Yeah, I agree!

Sweet ride!!! Skidplate on that thing before you rip off your oil pan!
Thanks, and yes you're correct! The skidplate is definitely next on my list before the oil pan goes

DumpInfo

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf TDI
Where did you get seats in such good shape? Nice.
Wasn't really looking to change it at the time however it just came up and jumped on it. Thanks tho, there is minor wear and tear like all parts but barely noticeable so I was actually quite happy with the seats when I got them.