Problem with 2003 VW Beetle TDI

MikeLock

TDI
2003 Silver Beetle
Hi, I am trying to contact those individuals that have a TDI Beetle VW. I am having a problem with a exceleration hesitation problem. Often times, although not everytime, when I need to excelerate into traffic, I get a serious hesitation when I press the pedel. I have spoken with some others who have experienced the same problem even in other models of the VW. I am told that VW is fully aware of this problem but choses to down play it. I am having my VW Bettle serviced at Larson VW in Tacoma WA, but they have not done anything about the problem. They just keep my car and return it saying that they can not find any problem. I am very concerned that this problem will result in an accident and or a death as a result of the problem. I am looking for anyone that may have experienced this same type of problem and how they solved it.

Mike Lockwood

NadaGasser

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
If your VW dealer chooses to play dumb, phone the zone rep for VWOA, to see if you can get the appropriate attention at that level. If not, go to your state's Division of Consumer Protection to see if you can get action there. If not, go to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website at www.nhtsa.gov (I believe) and file your concern. I filed with NHTSA once, and was able to force a recall of '93 Taurus/Sable cars in the upper midwest (road salt corrosion pitting of front coil springs leading to spring breakage). You have a SERIOUS safety issue here, and you should NOT let the dealer or VWOA stonewall this!