P1592 randomly appears?

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
On the way home tonight, the car blinked the glow plug light and advised 'workshop' in the DIS. I used my OBDeleven Pro to clear the code, which came back up reasonably quickly. When we stopped at the grocery store, I cleared the code once more. Hasn't reappeared... yet. So ~100 km.

From the Rosstech wiki:
wiki.ross-tech.com said:
18000/P1592/005522 - Altitude Sensor / Boost Pressure Sensor: Implausible Correlation
Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
Limp Mode active
Possible Causes
Ground Spots corroded
Wiring from/to Boost Pressure Sensor (G31) faulty
Boost Pressure Sensor (G31) faulty
Possible Solutions
Check/Clean Ground Spots
Check/Replace Wiring from/to Boost Pressure Sensor (G31)
Check/Replace Boost Pressure Sensor (G31)
Special Notes
When found in 2.0l TDI-PPD, check for matching TSB/TPI (i.e. VW TPI 2012601 and/or 2026831).
Check/Clean Ground Spots
Check/Replace Wiring Harness for Boost Pressure Sensor (G31) and Intake Air Temperature Sensor (G42)
Check/Update Engine Control Module Software/Firmware
Got home, did some digging. This fine forum provided me a good nugget of information as a starting point, essentially suggesting to clean the contacts first as advised in the Ross-Tech wiki above:
Sebastian said:
high resistance in the wiring of the sensor - I would definitely NOT put my money on the sensor itself.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=163960

Same thread mentions two TSB's to be aware of, which I'll keep in mind when we take the car into VW for the #dieselgate settlement repairs.
VW TPI 2012601
VW TPI 2026831

Anyone know off hand what those TSB's relate to and/or have handy some links I can peruse?

My hunch is that this code is related to a previously posted issue of mice chewing through the rear 02 sensor wiring between the NOx storage cat and the H2S cat. (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=477765, and no not fixed yet... been busy with the farm :eek:)

New codes:
P2452 - Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor static
P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1 Malfunction Lower limit not static
P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circ.,Bank1-Sensor2 Malfunction Lower limit not static

Old codes:
P0136: Oxygen O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P2271: O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2

But I'm new to diesels in general so I'm probably off base lol.

Last edited:

fastalan

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagon
The recall to fix the "inlet air box housing snow flap" does mention something about the oxygen sensor. I am not sure if this is the same oxygen sensor relating in your O2 fault code...

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
The recall to fix the "inlet air box housing snow flap" does mention something about the oxygen sensor. I am not sure if this is the same oxygen sensor relating in your O2 fault code...
Highly doubt it, the wires were chewed through by mice, just haven't soldered in new wiring yet.

Mostly concerned about the P1592.