MN Chat Thread

vwdrvr

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Sedan CJAA 2.0L, 6MT
Can someone please tell me where I can find an EGR delete kit for my 2012 Jetta TDI sedan. I have the CJAA motor with the EGR right out front. It's throwing codes and I'm wanting to get rid of it.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Last edited:

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Please don't buy that darkside racepipe, despite my input to him designing the o-ring steal properly, it still does not seal up, nor does it even contact the intake after torquing it down.

fixmyvw.com also sells the same racepipe that Buzzken has listed, this one is well made and designed correctly.

On common rail engines, you can't just delete the EGR and get away with it, the EGR systems are tied into the rest of the emissions too much you'll need to do a full delete and get a tune.

vwdrvr

TDI
Thank you very much. I've been looking all over the place trying to find parts for this darn thing and the only results i get is for the AHL 1.9 motor. I have the CJAA 2.0 motor, which I haven't seen very many aftermarket options for. Am I able to do a tune with VCDS? And I don't have VCDS, where in MN can I get a tune done? I live in Maplewood.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Thank you very much. I've been looking all over the place trying to find parts for this darn thing and the only results i get is for the AHL 1.9 motor. I have the CJAA 2.0 motor, which I haven't seen very many aftermarket options for. Am I able to do a tune with VCDS? And I don't have VCDS, where in MN can I get a tune done? I live in Maplewood.

I think Jon Fettig can give you a tune as he is a Malone Dealer and he has been at it for a while. . I own VCDS Hex-Can that should work on your car.

vwdrvr

TDI
Thanks. I'll talk to him. I really, really do appreciate the quick responses on here that I've gotten. I've joined other enthusiast forums for other cars and trucks that I've owned and haven't seen as quick of a response as here, especially from people that live so close to me.

MPLSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
In case anyone is interested, I came across a 92 Tacoma with a diesel swap (not TDI)
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/5414781553.html

It's a Mercedes straight 5 cylinder with a 5spd 4x4 for 7k. I miss my Liberty and would love a smaller 4x4 with a diesel, mostly been keeping my eye out for a TDI in a Wrangler. Since I am not as talented by greengeeker, I don't plan on doing it myself. I don't know the guy but don't see these around much just throwing it out there.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
Been awhile since I've been active here, good to see some familiar usernames still active. My car is still going strong as my daily, thanks to Nick helping me out on several occasions.

I got married (for the 2nd and last time) in September. My wife and I started house shopping in December, and we will officially be moving to Blaine in March (closing Feb 26th). New place has a shallow 3 car garage, insulated but no heat (yet). Can't wait to get it setup and do a lot of deferred maintenance on my car...need to keep the old gal running for as long as I can.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Been awhile since I've been active here, good to see some familiar usernames still active. My car is still going strong as my daily, thanks to Nick helping me out on several occasions.

I got married (for the 2nd and last time) in September. My wife and I started house shopping in December, and we will officially be moving to Blaine in March (closing Feb 26th). New place has a shallow 3 car garage, insulated but no heat (yet). Can't wait to get it setup and do a lot of deferred maintenance on my car...need to keep the old gal running for as long as I can.
I see your car from time to time in the mornings as I travel south through Chaska to Hwy 169 towards the Burnsville area. Congrats on the new house and garage!

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
I see your car from time to time in the mornings as I travel south through Chaska to Hwy 169 towards the Burnsville area. Congrats on the new house and garage!
Thanks! We can't wait to get moved in. My commute is going to roughly double, but 40 minutes (excluding accidents/weather/construction) isn't bad at all. And the wife is going to have a nice short commute when her job moves to the Target Campus in Brooklyn Park (currently near West End).
I think I've seen a silver Golf like yours, but they are a little more ubiquitous than my car is. Hopefully I wasn't driving like a jerk. :eek: If you see me again before March, give me a wave because I will be on the 610/252/100 route after that. :)

Last edited:

woodsmen

TDI
beetle
Anybody have any recommendations about a shop in northern mn to have my timing belt done at on my 06. I am approaching 100,000 on the beetle and need to get it in. Thanks and sorry if this was already asked.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
I drive opposite this route from time to time, morning rush hour doesn't look very fun. :eek:
I know it will be a challenge sometimes, but jobs can change, so I might get a better commute someday. I'd rather live close to friends/family and put down some roots.

isonic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4door 5spd

MPLSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta DSG
Looks awesome! Much simpler than the new Colorado Diesel...no computers and such. Perfect zombie apocalypse truck :D
Plus the new Colorados are close to 40, I've been drooling over them. The other problem is they are close to what I would consider full size! The current full size pickups have really grown too large.

isonic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4door 5spd
Plus the new Colorados are close to 40, I've been drooling over them. The other problem is they are close to what I would consider full size! The current full size pickups have really grown too large.
Are they 40K? geez, is that fully loaded? I agree with you on the truck sizing, getting huge.

tank0020

TDI
2001 VW Beetle
VW shop in the South Metro - Mankato

Greetings - I'm looking for a trustworthy shop to look over a few issues on my 2001 TDI Beetle. I would like to have the timing belt, water pump and tensioner done. Also have a cold start issue possibly related to timing. Car runs fine otherwise. If someone out there knows of a shop or individual can you relay their info to me. I'm located near Northfield, so I'm looking for a shop between the cities and Mankato.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Greetings - I'm looking for a trustworthy shop to look over a few issues on my 2001 TDI Beetle. I would like to have the timing belt, water pump and tensioner done. Also have a cold start issue possibly related to timing. Car runs fine otherwise. If someone out there knows of a shop or individual can you relay their info to me. I'm located near Northfield, so I'm looking for a shop between the cities and Mankato.
If you need to stay closer to south metro I would check out Nur Technik in Burnsville. http://www.nurtechnik.com

There are also a couple of very good and respected mechanics with user names Greengeeker in Cambridge and Merkerguitars over in Hudson, WI if you're willing to travel farther.

Ram Man 02

TDI
02 Dodge CTD
im curious what you local guys think a fair price is for a smashed/ unrepairable TDI? Ive been watching CL for a donor car. Im looking at rear hits and blown automatic cars. Ive seen a few that fit this criteria around the $1500 price.
Id like to put the tdi into my S10 and i think a whole car is the wiser way to go because the little parts always nickle and dime a guy. After Nick got his ranger on the road ive been much more interested in having a little commuter truck. Thank you for the advice, Jeremiah

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
I guess my idea on values is totally screwy, I bought my car for $500...

anyways, I'd go with an older D or TD, less immobilizer and wiring to worry about. I got a running motor for $300, then once it's running and driving (but slow) then buy a TDI to swap in (and it'll still be just about as slow). :p

Ram Man 02

TDI
02 Dodge CTD
Id much rather be in the 300-500 range too but thats not what ive seen so far. im still researching this idea but its good to know a person can find deals. Thanks for the help!

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Just a FYI to people, I have some new tuning tools and can flash 99% of TDI's over the OBD port, including 2015.

Also, if you're looking for a good way to spend your VW goodwill dealer card, and you want to get tuned, let me know :)