I joined the B5.5 crowd today

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Today I drove up to Rockford IL to purchase gmartino's passat that's in some sore need of repair from a broken BS chain.

I'll tear into it next week after NoJoke's monster wagon is running. For sure it needs some new shoes, new brakes, turbo rebuilt, new cam/lifters, main and rod bearings, front timing cover, bull-sh!t unit, and hopefully there's no damage to the cylinders. If there's cylinder damage, I'm on the hunt for a short block as oversize pistons are silly $$$$$. Overall it's a clean car otherwise, just in need of an interior detail and some light scratch repair on the LR quater.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
you might as well go the short block route to zero time the bottom end. by the time you buy the bsm, bearings,lower timing cover, rear seal, you're about the same money and you end up with a better outcome. it comes with new oil cooler, pressure relief, head gasket, etc.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
you might as well go the short block route to zero time the bottom end. by the time you buy the bsm, bearings,lower timing cover, rear seal, you're about the same money and you end up with a better outcome. it comes with new oil cooler, pressure relief, head gasket, etc.
The BSM isn't going back in :). I'll do a full write up on the delete and the results.

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Well hurry up then! I want to know how the BSM delete works before I do my next manual conversion in a few weeks! :D