Thank you!

spacemonkeymafia

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2013 beetle!
Thank you to everyone who helped out this weekend. We really could not have done it without you. Fest is a huge undertaking that requires lots and lots of people to make it run smoothly.

I would like to recognize some of the people who gave us lots of their time and effort this weekend.

• Extra-huge thanks to the Monsters, Amy and Tom. They both took on many jobs and also helped us remember how we've done things in the past so we didn't have to reinvent the wheel.
  • Colin (cfc1086?)-Thank you, thank you, thank you for jumping into Fest feet-first as our raffle master and auctioneer. You did a great job at both; I hope you had fun doing it, too.
  • Brian (vwUMO)-Thank you for being our local help and putting together a very interesting photo scavenger hunt that helped everyone see the beautiful and interesting sights. Also, thank you for jumping in to play MC for the auction and part of the meet & greet. I'm glad you finally made it to a Fest and I hope this won't be your last.
  • Cindy & Jeff (Campbellonh)-Thank you for helping out very enthusiastically in the event suite every day.
  • Mark (BeetleGo[ne])-Thank you for hanging out in the event suite and being up for whatever we asked you to do.
  • Eric (Tooef)-Thank you for putting together all the slideshows and helping make the auction run smoothly, in addition to helping out where and whenever else you were needed. And for researching and writing the trivia questions-you are the perfect person for that task!
  • Jonathan (Lug_Nut)-Thanks for running trivia again this year, and being available to help out in a variety of little ways throughout the weekend.
  • Matt (Car54)-Thank you for bringing, setting up, and running the AV equipment for the tech sessions.
  • Mark (Abacus) and Ed (W386)-Thanks for helping out moving and setting up stuff.
  • Emilie (Batdax)-Thank you for filling in where and whenever you were asked. I hope we didn't turn you off from Fest forever.
  • Nicole (onlyinabeetle) and David, Bubba, Glen Norris, Paul (1854 Sailor) and others-Thank you for helping us get everything packed and loaded this morning. Thanks to you all, it went much faster than usual.
And, of course, the rest of the planning committee who also took on many on-site jobs (too numerous to list):

• Drew (GeekDrew) for handling registration and a million other things that are hardly noticed as long as they keep working (which you do brilliantly).
  • Lawson (VeeDubTDI) for handling the venue, coordinating donations, and basically making the whole thing go. And for storing and bringing most of the stuff we need to make this happen.
  • Jason (compu85) for handling tech stuff of all sorts, teaching tech sessions, and a million other little things.
  • Peter (PeterV) and Julie (hamsterdiesel) for making the very cool pins, welcoming everyone to the meet & greet, helping out at the auction, getting the awards, and far more other odd jobs than I can possibly think of.
  • Fred (VWDerf) for having this board and making Fest possible, and many other things.
So many people helped out that I'm sure I am forgetting someone. I apologize if that is the case. Everyone's help was much appreciated and I hope you all had a good time in the process.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
My significant other (wife) said I should mention that the venue was superb for those who are not really int the cars. Trip to Mount Washington topped it off. Too bad I had to leave early this year. Hopefully, we have one next year.
I do run events of a different nature and know how much work goes into these. This one was high quality and well organized. Hats off to the committee.

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks for the fun and exciting week/weekend. As always it was a great time, thanks for letting us be part of it!

Sorry we ran out this morning without saying goodbye, Tom (not Amy) woke up early. We got on the road extra early and beat the traffic out of New England.

Goodbye all see you at the next event, lunch, or Fest!

Tom and Amy

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
Thank you so much volunteers for the hard work that you put into this, it was an awesome event.

vwUMO

TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2003 JSW TDI 5MT ,2012 Jetta TDI 6MT, 2013 jetta TDI 6MT
For my first TDIfest, I was impressed with the time, effort and organization that went into this event. I spend a great deal of time at events all over the country with much deeper pockets than TDIfest that are 1/10th as orderly and professional. Thank you, job well done! (Lawson and crew don't know it yet but I am hiring them for my 40th bash.. Haha)

I met so many wonderful people, near and far, and both Min and I felt honored to share where we've called home for all these years with y'all (homage to south of here). We are looking forward to seeing you all again next year. Also, if you ever find yourself in Bethel, let us know, and schedule permitting, I am happy to buy you a beer (limit one per customer, offer void where prohibited!).

Safe travels!

I'll make sure to post some exhaust, cr170, Cp3, and port and polish pics once I get a chance.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
For my first TDIfest, I was impressed with the time, effort and organization that went into this event. I spend a great deal of time at events all over the country with much deeper pockets than TDIfest that are 1/10th as orderly and professional. Thank you, job well done! (Lawson and crew don't know it yet but I am hiring them for my 40th bash.. Haha)

I met so many wonderful people, near and far, and both Min and I felt honored to share where we've called home for all these years with y'all (homage to south of here). We are looking forward to seeing you all again next year. Also, if you ever find yourself in Bethel, let us know, and schedule permitting, I am happy to buy you a beer (limit one per customer, offer void where prohibited!).

Safe travels!

I'll make sure to post some exhaust, cr170, Cp3, and port and polish pics once I get a chance.
I totally agree. I'm a bit mad at myself that I haven't participated in the past, but I very much enjoyed my weekend with you all - it was great to meet all of you - Hope to see you at the next one

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Thanks for posting this spacemonkeymafia. Yes, I too must thank all the volunteers, vendors and the organizing committee for yet another successful TDIFest. Without all your help, TDIFest and TDIClub wouldn't be what it is, so THANK YOU.

millere5815

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
The fest was Amazing. Everyone did a great job, and very well organized.
Maine was a great location to have it. I can't wait for next year, no matter where it may end up. Thanks to everyone who made the weekend what it was.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
This was also my first Fest and I have to say I am impressed at what goes on behind the scenes. I had no idea it was so involved. I have a new respect and appreciation for those working to make the Fest such a success.

cfc1016

TDI
2003 ALH Wagon Auto; 2001 Beetle 5spd
Thank you to EVERYONE! As I said (probably like a broken record) I have been on a number of car forums and none of them have the level of community that is present here. Special thanks to Lawson. I have been cruise director julie before - it does not suit me well. I would have lost my mind. It was truly impressive to see you running the [fantastic] show so gracefully and with such joy. I'm seriously impressed/grateful.

My SO concurred - the venue was great for people who weren't as into the cars. Something for everyone.

I'm glad the auction went well. That was so much fun for me too. I will happily volunteer (assuming I'm actually able to make it to future fests) to be the perennial auctioneer. My SO already said I now have an excuse... 'But honey, I HAVE to go to Tahoe. They need me!' ;-P

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Thank you to everyone who attended and/or donated to this year's TDIFest. We are working to keep this event fresh, exciting, and informative. Without the generous contributions of our vendors and volunteers, this event (and the forum) would be missing a lot of community spirit.

We are exploring areas for next year, and I encourage all of you to set aside Labor Day Weekend 2016 for what will surely be another fantastic event. While I have one particular location in mind, the entire map is open - if you have a local group of people who want to make it happen, send us a proposal to tdifest@tdiclub.com

Also, keep your eyes peeled for a survey about this year's Fest - what you liked, what you didn't like, and suggestions for what you want to see at future fests. We are already looking into more beginner tech sessions and a swap meet, and we would like more feedback from you.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I also would like to offer my thanks for a Job Well Done.....I have attended every Fest but 2!! that is 12! there are only 3 People who have attended more Fest's.....Without the Dedication and hard work of the CORE Group and you guys know who you are! the Fest would not have happened the last few years!!! I love the TDI Club almost as much as my Wife! The location this year was amazing and having attended 2 years ago in the same Area I found it even Better than that one!! Bethel Me and surrounding area is beautiful!!
As the Winner of the Best in Show at the Show and Shine I would like to offer thanks from the Bottom of my Heart for everyone who voted for my Jetta.....This Car is very special to me as it was one of the Last cars Chris Farnham sold to a Club member it was my 4th and final as Sadly we lost him a month later! Thanks to all and see you next year! hopefully I can talk to more folks! I spent most of my time Cleaning and Polishing!!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...Thanks to all and see you next year! hopefully I can talk to more folks! I spent most of my time Cleaning and Polishing!!
Like you'll be doing less cleaning and polishing next year? Right! :p