VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Sunday River Resort
Jordan Grand Resort Hotel
1 Grand Circle
Newry, ME 04261

To make a reservation, call (800) 207-2365 and reference group code 85J8JG or print out the reservation form HERE.

Code:
Room Type	Max Capacity	Price	Availability
Standard Room	Sleeps 2	$110	available
Studio Superior	Sleeps 2	$110	available
Studio Deluxe	Sleeps 2	$110	available
1-Bedroom Suite	Sleeps 4	$140	available
2-Bedroom Suite	Sleeps 6	$210	6 available
3-Bedroom Suite	Sleeps 8	$320	1 available
Taxes, Fees, & Fine Print

Taxes

Rates are per-unit, per-night and all rates are subject to the current Maine State room and lodging tax of 8%, and the Jordan Grand Resort Hotel & Conference Center resort charge of 7%. Total tax and resort fees per room equal 15%.

Deposit

Credit card authorization for the full cost of reserved hotel stay is to be given upon making the room reservation, but full amount will not be charged to the authorized credit card until 72 hours prior to arrival.

Cancellation Policy

Reservations cancelled between date of booking and 15 days from date of arrival will forfeit a $50.00 cancellation fee that will be charged to the authorized credit card. Cancellations within 14 days of arrival forfeit the entire amount of the reserved hotel stay which will be charged to the authorized credit card. No refund for late arrivals, early departures, no-shows, or downgrades.

Pet Policy

Pets are not allowed inside the resort. Pets are welcome on the property and in TDIFest areas of the parking lot. A $50 cleaning fee may be assessed to individuals who do not honor the pet policy.

Smoking Policy

Maine law prohibits smoking in any public building. All indoor areas of the hotel and conference center are non-smoking. You may smoke on your balcony/deck if your room comes with one - be sure to ask for a balcony/deck when making your reservation.

Check-in and check-out

Hotel check-in time is after 4:30 PM on the day of arrival. Checkout time is before 10:30 AM on the day of departure. Late check out fees will apply. Room availability cannot be guaranteed for early arrivals. All efforts will be made, however, to accommodate those guests who arrive early. Luggage storage is available.

Cutoff date

The cutoff date is Tuesday, August 4th, 2015. While an extension of this date is possible, please don't delay when booking your room.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Yeah and so it starts TDIFest 2015 is official.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Room types

Standard Room $110
A standard hotel room is one room with a private bath, some units offer a deck.
2 queen beds, 415 sq ft.
- Maximum guests in room: 2
- Private bedroom: no
- Baths: 1
- Adjoining rooms: yes
1 Queen bed & 1 sleep sofa, 415 sq ft. (limited availability)
- Private bedroom: No

Studio Superior $110
A studio superior is one room with a queen size pull-out bed and kitchen facilities, some units offer a deck. There are limited units available with handicap accessibility.
1 queen murphy bed, 345 sq ft.
1 queen bed, 345 sq ft. (limited availability)
- Adjoining rooms: no

Studio Deluxe $110
A studio deluxe is one room with two queen size pull-out beds and kitchen facilities.
1 queen murphy bed & 1 queen sleep sofa, 415 sq ft.

One Bedroom Suite $140
A one-bedroom suite has one separate bedroom (some being loft-style) with a full living area and kitchen facilities, all units offer a deck.
Bedroom with king or queen bed & queen sleep sofa, 655 sq ft.
- Maximum guests in room: 4
- Private or loft bedroom: 1
Bedroom with king or queen bed & queen murphy bed & queen sleep sofa, 675 sq ft.
- Maximum guests in room: 4
- Private bedroom: 1

Two Bedroom Suite $210
A two-bedroom superior suite has two separate bedrooms with a living area and kitchen facilities, all units offer a deck. This unit typically has a loft with a king bed upstairs and one bedroom with varied bedding on the main floor. Some units offer and additional half bath in the loft.
Two bedroom loft suite, varied bedding & 1 queen sleep sofa, 915 sq ft.
- Maximum guests in room: 6
- Private bedroom: 1
- Loft bedroom: 1
- Baths: 2

Three Bedroom Suite $320
The three-bedroom executive deluxe suites are all unique and have three separate bedrooms with living area and kitchen facilities, all units offer a deck. Some units offer gas fireplaces, washer and dryer and/or sauna. Rental availability is limited.
Three private bedrooms with varied bedding & 1 queen sleep sofa, 1536-2310 sq ft.
- Maximum guests in room: 8
- Private bedroom: 3
- Baths: 2-3

Last edited:

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Well I'm starting a new job in 2 weeks. I THINK you aren't allowed vacation for the first 90 days. Which puts this event a few weeks too early. We will see if I can bend the rules. Also means It will I can't decide or make reservations for a bit.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I have found many employers to be flexible when it comes to previously arranged vacation commitments. I hope you can make it! :)

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I have found many employers to be flexible when it comes to previously arranged vacation commitments. I hope you can make it! :)
Yep just be upfront with them. When I started my current job 28 years ago on June 15 I told them that I had a family reunion over the July 4th weekend and they let me have the time off. I didn't get paid for it but I was able to take the time.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Here are some pictures of the hotel.

If you're curious about this year's parking and vendor area, here is a picture from the Mini Meet at Sunday River several years ago:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Since most of these rooms are stated to be 2 people where does this leave folks that share??
Last time I shared a room, the snoring was so bad that I could not sleep. It might say 2 people, but I'm not sharing with anyone… :p

Lowrad

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagon 2004 (BEW)
Reservation is done but they ask for a 50% deposit for the room...

2+ Night Stays: 50% is due at the time of booking with the remaining balance due 2 weeks prior to arrival. If booking within 2 weeks of arrival, the full balance is due at the time of booking.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

2+ Night Stays: 50% is due at the time of booking with the remaining balance due 2 weeks prior to arrival. If booking within 2 weeks of arrival, the full balance is due at the time of booking.
you should check with VEEDUBTDI about this......doesn't sound right.

MonsterTDI09

TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
The Monsters room is booked Thursday thru Monday. :)

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta

I was told the same thing today.

VeeDubTDI

TDI

I was told the same thing today.
Thanks for the heads up. This same thing happened to Paramedick in 2013. Apparently the reservations department needs a reminder that our contract and payment policy are different than what they're used to. I'll get this corrected as soon as they open this morning.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Has anyone made the 50% deposit? If so, let me know and I'll have it refunded.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
This issue has been resolved. Anyone who has booked so far should be receiving a call from Sunday River with an offer to refund your deposit.

Thanks for your patience. :)

MonsterTDI09

TDI
Has anyone made the 50% deposit? If so, let me know and I'll have it refunded.
We paid the deposit. Does the full payment 2 weeks prior to the event still apply?

Last edited:

MonsterDog

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
This issue has been resolved. Anyone who has booked so far should be receiving a call from Sunday River with an offer to refund your deposit.

Just got my call from Sunday River. Looks like they took care of their internal issues.

Great job as always to VeeDubTDI.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We paid the deposit. Does the full payment 2 weeks prior to the event still apply?
No. The payment schedule is outlined in the first post. Authorization for full amount when booking, full amount charged 72 hours prior to check-in.

MonsterTDI09

TDI
No. The payment schedule is outlined in the first post. Authorization for full amount when booking, full amount charged 72 hours prior to check-in.
You can slap me in the back out my head for that one.:eek:

Lowrad

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta wagon 2004 (BEW)
I got an email from them and the refund... thanks !

n1das

TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
n1das & Lisa booked for Thursday thru Sunday! :) Ck in Thursday afternoon, Ck out Monday morning.

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Thurs thru Sunday the V's are IN ......................................... and Tomo to..