TDIFest 2015

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The days are marked on our calendar !

Hope to see ya'll there!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Following up on the losers in the lobby pic, which is traditionally people hanging out in the lobby to use WiFi, the hotel has good WiFi everywhere, so you can get your fix anywhere - not just the lobby.

Also, the only cell phone provider with reliable service on the mountain is Verizon. AT&T is spotty and Sprint doesn't work at all.

Here is a Verizon LTE speed test:

Here is a WiFi speed test:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Hmmmmmm.....
It's a big maybe for me at this point. I'd love to make it, but at this point there's too many variables for me this far out.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
yup, this one is nice and close, and I know that area pretty well - will try to make it down, if I'm allowed in (no more TDI...)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
yup, this one is nice and close, and I know that area pretty well - will try to make it down, if I'm allowed in (no more TDI...)
I'm sure we would accept you...this time... if we had to...

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
N1DAS & g/f Lisa --> IN.

Looking forward to TDIfest2015!! Count us in!

I'm planning to bring the 2014 BMW 535d to the 'fest like I did in 2013. :cool: In 2013 I had picked up the 535d about 2 weeks before TDIfest2013.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Disappointed

What I liked best about the hotel was when I walked into the Lobby with Parker (my dog) and learned that (a) dogs aren't allowed; (b) service dogs are allowed; (c) hotel staff aren't allowed to ask if a dog is a service dog. Perfect
Actually they can, and they should. They can't ask if YOU have a disability that would justify you having such a dog on site, but they absolutely can ask about the dog, including asking to see the certificates of training.
Dogs IN training, not yet certified, are clearly identified as such, and are similarly allowed only when the trainer / handler has the appropriate trainer certificates on hand.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I agree they should. My son has been bugging me for years to register Parker as a service dog. Although service dogs perform some very important duties, the registration is also used (or you might say abused) by folks who just want to talk their dogs more places.

I actually stayed at the Bethel Inn for the '13 Fest. They allow animals.

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
Actually they can, and they should. They can't ask if YOU have a disability that would justify you having such a dog on site, but they absolutely can ask about the dog, including asking to see the certificates of training.
Dogs IN training, not yet certified, are clearly identified as such, and are similarly allowed only when the trainer / handler has the appropriate trainer certificates on hand.
Not all service dogs have "certificate of training" for example service dogs for ptsd and TBIs just have behavior evals.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
This site is superb! The last couple of miles will plant a smile on your face good and proper! All uphill with curves!!! Die ZOOMzoom-shaka-laka! This place is located at the end of the road on a mountain, and we will most probably be the only ones the at this time of year!

What a great launching point for a longer trip too! :cool:

BlankThis

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI
Would love to attend if I can hitch up with someone who wants to cruise together. I don't know many if any in the community so I'm a little cautious about whether I should attend or not.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Would love to attend if I can hitch up with someone who wants to cruise together. I don't know many if any in the community so I'm a little cautious about whether I should attend or not.
There will be a few others from QC attending this year, as well I will be coming in from ONT. Hope to see you there....

MrVermin

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green

You should attend. Everybody is friendly easy going.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Here are some pics of the 2013 fest I took, but I was only there for a few hours on Saturday due to work constraints. I'll be there the whole time this year and am looking forward to it.

BlankThis, you should attend. While I have not met many of the people on the board, I still consider them friends. It's easy to converse with people when you have a common interest and I have only found a small handfull of people I'd drive by and smile if they were broken down on the side of the road.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
I would like to go if there is any information on booth size and cost please forward to me.

i would love to show my TDI/CNG Beetle road-racer. And is there a place to part RVs ?

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I would like to go if there is any information on booth size and cost please forward to me.

i would love to show my TDI/CNG Beetle road-racer. And is there a place to part RVs ?
Bob, are you planning on parting out an RV?

:D

If I wanted to supply some hand made VW themed trinkets to sell with all money going to Fred, how can I do that? I won't be attending, BTW.

VeeDubTDI

TDI

Vendor information will be posted at a later date. Stay tuned!