Chip Tuning at the Fest?

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
No chip tuner has committed yet. I suspect that will change as we draw nearer to the fest, and they receive their vendor invitation letters.

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Chip

I'm interested too. How long does it take to implement the chip? I would think the vendor would set some sort of appointment schedule.

Does this normally take place on Saturday or Sunday? How much "wrenching" can be done in the Hilton parking lot? ...just curious

Pappy

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
I'm interested too. How long does it take to implement the chip? I would think the vendor would set some sort of appointment schedule.

Does this normally take place on Saturday or Sunday? How much "wrenching" can be done in the Hilton parking lot? ...just curious

Pappy
Different venues have different opinions on wrenching.

There's usually a First-Come-First-Served sign-up list posted for tuning. Different cars take different amounts of time to tune, depending on whether it can be plugged in and flashed or if the ECU needs to be removed and "hot benched".

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
We'll be there, we can do Malone tunes from 2000-2011.
-BB

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
decisions!

I won't ask here...I'll use the "search" feature...

Tuning choices... 2006 Jetta TDI 5 speed, 155k miles, all stock.

Having a mid-life crisis... (wife sez, "again?"

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Sign up done day of the festival? And wondering what ballpark price may be too. Thanks.

Last edited:

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Sign up done day of the festival? And wondering what ballpark price may be too. Thanks.
In the past there's been a sign up sheet for each of the different tuners, so it's a first come, first served procedure.

Prices vary from vendor to vendor, car to car, tune to tune. I've seen prices range from $99-$500 at different events.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Last edited:

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf

kafer65

Veteran Member
TDI
Early '06 Jetta 5M
I emailed. Hopefully, that works. My wife and I couldn't figure out how to respond in Facebook to the link.

RedTDIowner

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi A6 3.0 TDI
Did you click the "Like" button at the top of the Rocketchip Facebook page?
I registered on his facebook page for him to do my chip Saturday morning. He said you get 10% off by registering by mid-August. Also hoping he can give me a price beforehand so I can bring exact cash, that is unless he takes credit cards.

RedTDIowner

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi A6 3.0 TDI
Hi,

I don't use tdiclub forums for marketing tool. If you want to pre-sign up for a tuning with 10% discount, go to facebook - look up Rocketchip

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RocketChip-Performance-Tuning/246257865387449

I will update the list daily. Please specify what day you prefer, sat or sun.

Thanks,
Jeff
I posted this below on your facebook page.

I will be there Saturday morning so hopefully you can fit me in. I have a 2002 Jetta TDI and want a Rocket 2 with an EGR delete. Thanks.

Just need to know how much it will be and what form of payment you accept.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I'm not Jeff, but I'll answer.

If you want a first time tune and it is something that does not require custom work, plan on $500 or less. Custom work costs more. This DOES NOT include the CR engined cars.

Remember, cash is the norm.

Whitbread

TDI
Several
Just stumbled across this thread; I'll have my loader with me from TD Tuning and will be able to do tunes for 00-06 tdi's. I'm sure I can do some 'fest discounted pricing.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Haven't looked back at this thread in a while. I'm going to be very busy with minding the shop, but I can do some tunes Friday night, during non selling times on Saturday and Sunday, and possibly Monday morning.

ALH Fest Tune Pricing*:
Stage 1-3 -- $259
Stage 3 custom, 4-5 --- $299
Stage 5 custom --- $399
**We will not be soldering ECUs on 1998 New Beetle or 1999.5 Golf/Jettas, however we will offer discounted deals for sending in your ECU or doing our ECU hotswap program.

PD Fest Pricing:
Stage 1-2 --- $299
Stage 2 Custom --- $399
Stage 3-5 --- $349
Stage 5 Custom --- $499

Common Rail Pricing**
Stage 1 -- $499
Stage 2 --- $549
Custom --- $699
**You must pull your ECU (we have instructions) and open it so we can perform your tune.

Thanks all!
-BB