View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2018, 03:19   #68
eddie_1
Veteran Member

Got the clutch upgrade done. Used the Sachs Race Engineering (SRE) Pressure Plate and the SRE Organic Disc without springs. I decided not to go with an SMF at this point - figured a bit smoother with the DMF, less noises and not going totally crazy on power. Goal is to hold 650NM-700NM. Also the SMFs are quite pricey. This setup is officially rated at 550NM but holding fine.

A bit grabby initially taking off in 1st and reverse is worse, also engine braking into 2nd some chatter, but even after 3 days it has gotten a lot better. As posts in the internet say after 500miles equivalent town running should be fine. The biting point is higher up on the pedal, extemely short travel distance, so shifts are quicker.

This time I got some local guys to do the job. I felt the tranny is too heavy to bench press or do in the 'driveway' as I have done in the past with the 4cyl. Young Serbian German chap opened up his own garage couple of years ago. Really knowledgeable, nice guy gave me a good price. One journeyman and one apprentice took 5 hours together.

Parts removed were: piece of the exhaust, axle joints, transmission crossbar, gear cables and connectors.

In summary I really want to thank all the eastern europeans (Poland, Estonia, Finland (not quite 'east' but kind of - lol), CZ, Bulgaria) who helped with this project giving tips on the tuning. Could not have come this far without their tips out of sheer generosity and solidarity.

2008 A6 BPP 267kmh also 283kmh 2003 Jetta Wagon ALH 150mph, 188BHP - 365 lbft, 170WHP Smoke free German Map, VNT 17/22, 11mm IP, 02M DRW 6speed, OMI, Lower IC pipes,FMIC, PD Lift Pump, 3bar map, ARL Sachs Upgraded/DMF, PP764s, CCV Filter, EGR delete, PD150 Intake, PD150 SRP, 2.5" DP with Magnaflow Cat & 2.5" Catback, R32 DSG Snorkel, PD150 Airbox/MAF, Custom Accordian, Ventectomy, Rear Fog, Euroswitch, 5 brake light mod, McNally EGT/Boost Gague, Scanguage II, Hidden Hitch, LED tails, Koni Reds, Depo

Last edited by eddie_1; March 17th, 2018 at 03:21.
eddie_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08799 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 18.35 Kb. compressed to 16.59 Kb. by saving 1.76 Kb. (9.59%)]