2006 VW New Beetle TDI, Salsa Red, VERY LOW MILES!!

maxbeast

TDI
VW New Beetle TDI
SOLD!

For Sale 2006 VW New Beetle TDI
$16,500
VERY LOW MILEAGE only 20,xxx miles (see photo!)
This is a rare diesel bug that gets excellent gas mileage (rated 35/42.) These are not easily found for sale, and you will not find one with this low of mileage anywhere else! We are a retired couple selling this car because we rarely use it (as evidenced by the mileage) and are downsizing to having just one vehicle. This was our second car that we used to run around town. It is in very good condition but does have some minor wear from normal use, parking lots, etc. This vehicle has been kept in our garage. Stored most winters.

Car Specs:
Engine: 4-Cyl, Turbo Diesel
Transmission: Automatic w/Tiptronic
Power Sunroof
Black Leatherette Seats
Air conditioning
Power Windows and Locks
Heated Seats
Cruise
ABS, Stability and Traction Control
Power/Heatable Outside Mirrors
Power Steering
Tilt Wheel
16in Alloy Wheels
Dual and Side Airbags
MP3/CD
Salsa Red
We have complete maintenence records.
Feel free to carfax it- never been in an accident or damaged. No Lein on title.

More pictures can be seen here:
http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/kristin_rebecca/VW%20Beetle/

We won't ship the car & won't accept Money Orders, Western Union or Money Wires.
We are located in LaCrosse WI. Feel free to give us a call/email to ask questions or if you'd like to come see it.
rschlo@charter.net
608-782-096three

Last edited:

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
You probably have the 6 speed DSG automatic. Look at the chrome ring on the shifter handle for the letters DSG.

Nice car. I have a green one just like it.

maxbeast

TDI
VW New Beetle TDI
Yes, thats the one we have. :) We like it alot but just aren't using it often enough to justify continuing to pay the insurance and registration so we are going to let it go. We are pretty sure we can get by with one vehicle at this point. Really enjoyed having it though! Have someone driving in tomorrow who seems to want it, and 3 others with interest as well if he doesn't. Seems to be a popular little car!

tedbe

TDI
none
I saw your listing, that car looks great. I wish you were a bit closer to me (I'm in Maryland). If all those deals fall through and you end up with no buyers, send me a message:)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Minty fresh! Pretty rare to find a low mileage one.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
Man, if I hadn't bought the red 01 last month, I would jump on this!
Jason, you need this don't you?

jasonTDI

TDI
Nah. I NEED a SPRINTER! Long WB High roof with a tow package!

jasonTDI

TDI
Or a small 4 dr freightliner with a big trailer I can set up for camping and hauling!

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
Jason, just think, if you get one of those freightliners, you could go on the road and do TDI work while you vacation with the family haha.
Seriously though, this red bug for sale is sweet indeed.

jasonTDI

TDI
Need a login but it sounds like a class A truck.

The ones with the self contained unit on the back of them are nice unless you just want the smaller truck to drive around in when you get where you are going. I dig them though. I see the advantage of a Class B is you can use it to pull a serious trailer with cars for work. A lot more versatile for me in that aspect. You just pull a 5th wheel trailer with it. I Don't need a goofy 35-40 ft one but 28-30ft Toy hauler would be ideal. If I wanted a house I'd rent or buy one....

We have discussed buying a house out west (Moab) and working there a few months out of the year. Late March-Mid May and Mid Sept-end of Oct. Too darn hot in the summer. Plus we like WI in the summer. Got a few more years (8-10) to figure things out though and get semi-retirement in order. In the years I have been gong out there I was shocked by the number of TDI's in the area. Both visiting and Living there.

Jason, just think, if you get one of those freightliners, you could go on the road and do TDI work while you vacation with the family haha.
Seriously though, this red bug for sale is sweet indeed.

jasonTDI

TDI
Sorry to derail your thread MAXBEAST! But you are getting some bumps out of it. Also passe it along to some clients for you. Good luck in the sale.

maxbeast

TDI
VW New Beetle TDI
Thanks for the help! We appreciate it. =) Any ideas of the best places to list our car? We would usually trade in, but with going from two cars down to one we obviously want to sell it ourselves. Not sure what the best bets are for listing a car for sale.

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
Try Craig's list for your local area. I have purchased a few cars through this method and got my red bug this way.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
We've got it on Craigslist, but feel we need to reach a more populated audience then just local.
cars.com and autotrader.com are two of the larger national sites but check out carsoup.com as well. I believe you can place a free add on carsoup with one or two pictures.

Good luck!

tedbe

TDI
none
We've got it on Craigslist, but feel we need to reach a more populated audience then just local.
You're probably best served by going more than local. If you were closer, I might be tempted to make an impulse buy, but you're 1,000 miles away. BTW I saw a YouTube on a 2006 at a dealer in WI with 10K miles (unfortunately a manual)...didn't last long. They priced it at 16,800.

maxbeast

TDI
VW New Beetle TDI
Thanks for that pricing info, its very helpful! Think we have it priced pretty right, but are willing to negotiate a bit. We just listed it on carsoup.com as well, so we will see what happens.