diesel geek short shifter or neuspeed shifter? or B & M

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
I do not know about the others, but the dieselgeek shifter in my car is wonderful!

cperera

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta Silver 5 Speed Manual
Get the DieselGeek's late race shifter. You will be very happy with it. DieselGeek's customer service is excellent.

valois

Banned
I have Jim's shifter kit, and have not tried the Neuspeed kit, but have noted that several on the VR6 forum stated they had tried the two, and prefered Dieselgeek's.

PetethePilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 GLS Jetta Bright Green
I have the Neuspeed weighted short shifter. I have not tried the Diesel Geek unit, I'm sure it's fine too. I bought it 2 winters ago before I'd heard about Diesel Geeks's piece.
I'm very satisfied with the Neuspeed unit.
Cheers Pete

M

mickey

Supposedly, DieselGeek's is the only kit that shortens the side-to-side throws, in addition to the front-rear throws.

It works for me. I like it.

-mickey

jpcherry

Veteran Member
TDI
05 J4
I have used both the B&M and the Dieselgeek. Driven cars with both.

Liked both, but for different reasons.

Ended up chosing Dieselgeek's kit for my '02.

3 words...

I love it!

chi

TDI
2002 Golf TDI GL Black
What do u all think about diesel geek short shifters, neuspeed shifters and B & M.

I saw on the website that Dieselgeek also sells a front to back and side to side shifter that is used to upgrade the original shifter. They only cost like $75 each. has anybody used this?

thanks for the help

peace

chi

Magellan01

Veteran Member
I have the diesel geek and it is pretty good. At firtst it is really notchy and stiff, but will loosen up over time. Overall I am happy with it and would buy it again.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I am presently running the Neuspeed + the DG side-to-side reudcer on my Jetta. It's very short but functions well.

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Every short shift kit I sell has online instructions and hundresds of customers have installed the kits themselves with my manuals. The kit for the 99.5 (black shift weight) is mildly more involved but it is a truly fantastic kit. But of course, I'm biased. And just a side note: With Autotech, you get (or don't) what you paid for. They don't have side to side reduction and the front to back is nowhere near as short...

Jim
dieselgeek.com

Originally posted by STRANGETDI:
What is the installation like on the short shift kits? Can I do it myself?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">