OttoStadt MotorWerks - Terminal extraction tools and OEM Radio iPod/Android integrati

TDI
04 BEW Golf
OttoStadt MotorWerks - Terminal extraction tools and OEM Radio iPod/Android i...

UPDATE: I just put a quick website together to easily buy both the terminal tools and butt connectors:

STILL FOR SALE AND IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT, clicky clicky:::

CLICK HERE!

These terminal release tools in action and HOW-TO on extraction terminals on VW/Audi connector housings:
http://youtu.be/WHFAsoCnX_w

Hey everyone,

I've been waiting to post this until I had a couple of units on hand (will officially have stock monday) but decided to jump the gun this afternoon to show you what I was brewing up.

I've was able to source commercially made/repair shop quality (daily use, I'm a VW dealer tech and these are the tools I use everyday) terminal extraction tools for both the small and medium sized terminals used in the VW/Audi group products.

I also have OEM quality, US made, heat shrinkable butt connectors, all in stock, in all sizes from 22-24ga to 10-12ga wire sizes (smallest clear butt connectors, to red, blue and bigger yellow)

Here are some temporary, saturday afternoon pictures for you, I'll update the post by monday night to show you what the butt connectors look like once shrunk (they have a surprising amount of glue that oozes out) and also a demo of the terminal extraction tools.

Terminal tools will be priced at 50$usd + 8$ flat rate shipping (US&Canada) for BOTH small and medium size tool.

Butt connectors will be in the 1$/ea range @10units minimum purchase with rebates going with quantity. With a flat rate 3$ shipping rate (US&Canada).

Don't hesitate to IM me with questions, I'm an iPhone addict and get your messages live and most often reply live also.

Last edited:

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I'd like to order a set of release tools. How do I place my order? PayPal?

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Here are some comparaison pictures between my tools and the VAS series tools by VW (which are 50$ each by the way and known to break easily)

Mine are almost identical to the VW tools but if dropped the pins will just bend - not break (I work with these everyday, yeah I dropped them...) just bend them back straight and away you go!

Take my word for it though, don't try this at home kids!

bmulhern

TDI
Passat
Looks like you can also got these tools at tools.vw.com. If you search for VAS1978 you'll find a few models priced as low as $32 on up to about $50. Looks like this is the same site VW dealerships use to source their tools.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
That is the VW dealership tool website managed by SnapOn equipment solutions...

Their shipping prices are outrageous though and as stated in my first post the VW tools are prone to breaking easily (and twice as much as mine)

TDI
04 BEW Golf
OttoStadt MotorWerks - Terminal extraction tools and OEM Radio iPod/Android i...

5 of each in stock ready to ship! 64$ shipped to the US&Canada

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
Received mine today. Quality of the tool is great, but I cannot seem to make these damn things release. I must have tried 25x and only got one to come out. It came out almost accidently. Is there a trick I am missing? I used the big tool on the bigger of the two wires. I also tried the small tool on the smaller gauge wire on a sample harness I have. Any insight would be appreciated. Sorry to hijack your thread, but this seems an appropriate place for a how to if there are other morons like me out there!

TDI
04 BEW Golf
All VW connector housings (the black plastic piece the wires go
into) have some sort of locking mechanism to hold the terminals in place, if you look closely you'll see a purple tab that needs to slide, some connectors are harders to "unlock" than others.

Once that purple piece is moved the tool pushes on the retaining ears of the terminals and they come out.

DON'T PRY/FORCE THE TOOLS side to side, you'll just bend the tips and they won't work right after.
If you're not sure how to unlock the terminals post a pic of the connector housing and I'll tell you what needs to be moved.

It's midnight now but i'll film a how-to tomorrow with connectors I have here to show you how to use the tools.

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
Something I have learned with other wire release tools is that sometimes you have to push the wire and connector back into place after pushing the tool in there. The tangs on the connector will hang up on the plastic housing sometimes.

TDI
04 BEW Golf
just posted a how-to video on the original post to show the terminal tools in action and how to extract terminals out of vw/audi connector housings... let me know if you need more help with housings! Post pictures of the housing you're trying to extract terminals out off, will make it easier to help you out!

jbleu101

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDi, GLS
The how-to saved the day.

So, I got to look at the terminal block I had at home to practice on. No locking clip, no purple thing. BUT, this had these little locking tabs, one for each terminal. Using a pick I could lift the tab up, insert your super cool tool, I could simply remove the terminal. To be sure I was doing it correctly, I reinstalled the terminal, locked down the tab. Works flawlessly. I am doing the Convenience Control Modification as SOON as I get my car back!

Great product.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i just received my set a few days ago.. and tried them out. these are AWESOME :D i love them. i hate to say it, but these are much sturdier/nicer than the ones pnclnck used to sell - not to knock those, as they got me through a lot of wiring.

great buy for these tools, so glad i got them :D

TDI
04 BEW Golf
I have your email in my "wait list" email sendout. :)

I have a 10kit order coming in this week if all goes well, I'll be able to fulfill everyone's order with it!

Thanks for being patient with me!

TDI
04 BEW Golf
Got 4 kits in from another supplier today and filed the backorders I had (set an email to you guys too to let you know your orders shipped) expecting those 10 kits any day now and will email those in the "wait list" when I have everything ready to go out for you!

47coeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta TDI, 94 TDI German block in a Samurai
Tools

This guy is on top of it, bought two sets and he shipped them out next level delivery, expected 4-6 days to the U.S. I have a feeling these tools will be great, will keep the blog posted after delivery:D.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I bought a set of the tools with some connectors everthing is top qaulity. Your a great vender and I will be buying again from you for sure.