Help required from European folks

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
Hi,

as some of the members know, my project car burnt last year and, I don't really want to rebuilt from scratch a similar car but, I would rather look at importing one that would be a better base to start from.

In Canada, our great government makes it nearly impossible to import a less than 15 years old car unless Volkswagen certify the security requirements for the car. In order to check if it pass or not these reqs., VW Canada needs a VIN # from the car/model I would like to import.
-Golf 4 TDI 150 (2002-2003)
-Golf 4 TDI 150 4motion (2002-2003)

If someone would be interested in helping me, you can PM me a VIN # of the above model. I will not be importing the car you will tell me, it is just to check the feasability of the project.

Thanks

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Go to autoscout24.de or mobile.de and find some cars that meet that description, and email the seller asking him for the serial number.

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
Will do. I tried emailing people from ebay.fr but that seems to scare people away and I'm probably considered a spammer :)

Last edited:

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
This is not a Want-to-buy thread but a Want-to-get-info. Thanks for the offer but, absolutely no RHD, we drive the good side of the road here ;)

Last edited:

VWManDenmark

TDI
none
This car you have drop a picture of is a euro Golf4/US jetta with af euro VW Bora front and US front bumper, the car is not like this from any VW factory, this car is costum made and look just like my car only my car is black, i cant opload a picture of it so you can se it, thats to bad...

is the VIN the chassi number or what?maybe i can the number you are looking for.

Last edited:

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
The body is a canadian golf tdi 100% original except a few touch ups that were done. I'm interested in an european golf but it's illegal to import a car that is not 15 years old unless VW Canada state this car pass all the security tests. In order to see if it would, I need a VIN # from an identical car I would be importing, which is Golf 4 TDI 150 (with or without 4motion from year 2002-2003.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
This is not a Want-to-buy thread but a Want-to-get-info. Thanks for the offer but, absolutely no RHD, we drive the good side of the road here ;)

Ha, my car's right hand drive, that makes yours wrong hand drive lol :p

Autobahnner

TDI
'12 Golf TDI w/ Tech Pkg
Plane tix aren't that expensive to come over here. Hard to call someone a "spammer" when they're looking you in the eye.