San Diego TDI GTG Saturday June 2nd 2012

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
That's exactly how I felt when I did the conversion on my own car (the shift linkage that is--haven't done a 6 speed conversion on any of my cars--yet).

Definitely a massive difference! It was honestly getting frustrating to drive the car, always a challenge to find gears. Now it's actually enjoyable! Inspires me to drive it more :D

And drive a lot I do!
Glad to hear it! Had a few things come up, so I'm just now able to order it. We'll see how long shipping times are.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Johnny_Law

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Come on folks, no one else? 6 folks in Southern California?
I will be there to check out all the great TDI's, but I will bring my new ride (not a TDI).

Do you want my wife to make anything or bring any food/drinks? The one about this time in LA last year was really well catered for and I would like to make up for my lack of support for the last one I attended!

Cheers

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Six more days! Right of I 5, good location, lots of parking. Weather will be typical San Diego. Don't forget to bring some sunblock and a hat.

I will bring the Coleman Grill, a 6ft table, an ice chest, diet coke, ginger ale, water and plastic trash bags.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Damn, that's unfortunate. Hope its not due to anything serious. I'm still planning on going, but I may have a sudden conflict at work to resolve first. Ill update if i can't make it.

On a side note, my diesel geek sigma shifter arrives tomorrow!

hudman

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen
I'm going to try and come by. I'm a total noob!:eek: Just bought a 12 JSW. I belong to a local VW Club but its air cooled.
New Ride

Air cooled ride

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
My and the wife are DOWN!!! I just got back from a 6 month deployment a couple days ago. I picked up my car in OR (left it with the folks in a safe place), but now I have a boost issue of course. Boost actual lags boost requested by about 200-350 mbarr, so that's quite a bit. Lug it too much below the torque peak and it'll go into limp, or what I think is limp. My guess is a boost leak from a ruptured charge pipe. I'm going to try to fix this beforehand, but worse comes to worse and I might need vcds (mine is in storage) and a helpful hand would be great! Woohoo!

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Yeah, Passat is definitely not making it. Still waiting on too many parts! Only have the bottom half of the engine together... Notgonnahappen.com

Hopefully I'll at least get what I need to PERMANENTLY fix the rear main leak on the Mk3.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
One more Day till the San Diego GTG! See you at 9 a.m. at Mission Bay.

Pappy will bring some brats and maybe a salad. I have the grill, a table, soft drinks, all the plastic cups, plates, forks, knives and napkins we will need.

Who else is bring some snacks, food and drink?

Weather will be great! Bring a hat and some sun block.

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
sorry i cannot make it, gotta fly up to portland for a funeral this evening

Camarones

Veteran Member
TDI
Formerly 2010 Golf TDI 6M 4dr UGM, 2001 Golf TDI
Would love to go but I'm not back in town for another couple of days.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
I'm probably leaving by 4:30 or 5 am, so I should arrive around 10am. How long my drive takes will determine how long I'm staying.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I'm a bit spent from our 3 day Tranny GTG over at Biochoppers. I'll see what I feel like in the morning.

Hopefully I feel up for the drive.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Can I get someone who's going to pm me a phone number? I live in AZ an I'm not familiar with the area.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I'm a bit spent from our 3 day Tranny GTG over at Biochoppers. I'll see what I feel like in the morning.

Hopefully I feel up for the drive.
Wait, you start a gtg thread and now wanna call it quits? Your not off the hook that easy lol. Besides, I wanna see how quick your beastly wagon is!

Johnny_Law

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
^^^^

I will bring along some of my new detailing stuff for anyone who want's to check them out. Should be their between 10:30 & 11:30.

Cheers

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I'm just getting my nasty black Golf washed now. Should be there around 1130.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BioChoppers

Vendor
TDI
2003 jetta 5spd wagon
I'll be there by 1 PM
Good job Kooy! Hoora!
I'll be there around 1 also.
If anyone needs a tune/re-tune from Malone or TD Tuning I'm bringing my loader and some light tools(what tools I can scavenge from the wreckage kooy's car left behind at my house...).
If anyone needs anything random: TB parts, filters, oils, clutch?? let me know now I probably have it here & can bring it.

LOUDERMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 2dr Golf TDI, 6MT
Shredded a drive tire 25 miles out of phoenix, damn thing just got replaced. Ill have to turn around. I don't have the time to spend the night, and if i soldered on, I'd only have about an hrs or two before I'd have to leave.

Next time for me!