myvwlemon.com = FAIL!

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I seriously cannot believe this site. Members on there are total morons.I read a little bit of it and I think my IQ just dropped like a rock.:rolleyes:

They also think a VW engine should not last past 100K.:rolleyes: What he heck are these people smoking???:confused::eek:

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Mostly filled with people who don't change timing belts or use synthetic oil in their 1.8 Turbo engines, causing them to sludge like crazy...

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
I have visited this site. Most posters are PUNKS that buy an old jetta diesel, then 2 days after they install a $3000 Stereo, the timing belt breaks! DUH ! 2 days after that they find that the Heater Core is leaking. DUH ! 2 days after that ............................?

To top that off, they KNOW F**K ALL about cars.

Who finances sites like these? General Motors? Japan Inc.? WHO?

egibbys

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Jetta TDI GLS
Wow that site is just sad. Makes me angry just reading how dense people are. Great input turbocharged798. A little education could do them some good.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
I've been on and off of that site for a number of years now, and it's sad, really, especially when noobs come on there and ask for advice from "experienced VW owners".

I've seen them bash VW for things like "my tires won't hold air", and "the front valance panel comes right off when I drive up on the curbs", and so on. When I responded to a possible coolant migration issue, telling someone how to check their connector for dampness, I was flamed by members saying "we shouldn't have to even open the hoods, much less get our hands dirty to check something that shouldn't go wrong". It also seems that there is a core membership of about 6 people, most of whom don't even own their VW anymore, that make it their life's calling to badmouth VW.

I still go there occasionally when I need a good laugh, but I have to resist the temptation to actually respond to anything.

The~boy

TDI
MK3 Jetta
Good lord this is too good. I would almost say these people are trolling.
There was one very good read about a guy named jack who got his timing belt replaced and a new head.
They used the old mount stretch bolts and his engine dropped a few inches when the mount broke.
And guess where it was done? At a dealership. And after he got them to put in a NEW engine after that it leaked oil because he got it done at a DEALERSHIP.
People dont understand. Alot of dealership mechanics are no better than the ones you find at canadian tire or walmart tire center. 18 year old drop outs who "know" how to change the oil. And they expect them to know you need replacement bolts. They might read in the directions they are handed that they need new bolts. But looking at them they will think they are fine and re-use them. The why is what matters when it comes to cars.
Thank god for VW enthusiasts who care to know why and not just how.

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
I think a lot of VW 'consumer BS' goes back to the days of the Air Cooled type 1's, that is, ' the beetle ' It was a good car, don't get me wrong!

Here was an engine that was in the rear, air cooled, horizontally opposed, etc, etc. Just not the same as a Ford Flat Head or a Chevy Stovebolt 6. Oh, and you needed them COMMIE Metric Wrenches to work on it.

Heres another one. In Canada, we got our first taste of Subaru's in the mid to late '70's. We liked them right away. Different story for the US. In the early '60's, Malcolm Bricklin introduced the Subaru 360 into the US. This was like a souped up golf cart, never mind a Road Going Car! Sales of Subaru's in Canada per capita outstripped sales in the USA, during it's reintroduction in the '70's. Subaru 360 soured US consumers.

Malcolm Bricklin went on to Hose the Nova Scotia Government in the '70's with his Bricklin Automobile.

Last edited:

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
still suspended.....the punk that runs it must not be able to make the monthly payments to keep the BS flowing. Trollers.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
It's been down for awhile. I checked it a couple of months ago and it was down then too.

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
My timing belt broke after only 120K miles, My dealer says it will coast 7500 to fix. VW is Junk.

Reminds me of some here who complain about timing belts or HPFP. Please go buy a Toyota and just shut the hell up...of course the only thing Toyota can't recall is last time they made a car that didn't need recalling.

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Oh bumholes! The site is currently out of action and I was soooooo looking forward to seeing it. :D

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
My timing belt broke after only 120K miles, My dealer says it will coast 7500 to fix. VW is Junk.

Reminds me of some here who complain about timing belts or HPFP. Please go buy a Toyota and just shut the hell up...of course the only thing Toyota can't recall is last time they made a car that didn't need recalling.
Pretty sure a TDI owner that's forced to pay several thousands of dollars out of his own pocket because of a HPFP failure has the right to complain. Try again.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I wonder what the change interval was on that posters car. (60K, 80, 100K miles?) Does sound like he should have gotten away from that dealer ASAP.

Of course if you are Merican, maintenance is something that is done after the car refuses to run or move and not done on something as stupid simple as miles.

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Pretty sure a TDI owner that's forced to pay several thousands of dollars out of his own pocket because of a HPFP failure has the right to complain. Try again.
I think the OP post is spot on. it's one thing to complain about catastrophic failure caused by the owners negligence.

But I do agree that someone has the right to complain, at the top of their lungs, about having to pay for a HPFP failure.............

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Many years ago a friend just out of school was given his parent's old car. They said it was a "great" car that didn't need any maintenance... in fact, they hadn't done any...

You can guess how long it lasted... (just about long enough for him to have saved the down payment on his next car...)

Yuri

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
That site attracted idiots like a magnet attracts iron filings. I trolled there years ago, but the people were so stupid it was not any fun. In one thread I was said I was upset because my brakes and tires were worn out after 50,000 miles and most of the replies were "typical VW quality". :D