engine problem

nkiland

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
hey everyone. ive got a 2001 jetta TDI auto that i got about a year ago. ive never had an issue, always ran perfect. i stored the car away for around 6 months with a full tank and started it every week and once every 2 weeks took it for a short drive. yesterday i took the car out for a 20 min drive, everything ran perfect like always but when i went to start it this morning its not doing so well.

the first time i started it this morning it had a hard start and the motor was having a hard time staying on which went away after about 15 sec and went back to normal idle. now when i try and rev the engine slowly it hesitates, stumbles, and just doesn't want to rev at all but when i hammer on the it, it stumbles for just a sec and then revs all the way to redline with out a cough.

any thoughts??

ive never owned a vw before so everything is new to me on these things

patscc

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Do you know if regular maintenance stuff like changing fuel filter, timing belt & associated parts, etc were carried out ?
Any fuel seepage around the filter, or injection pump ?
patscc

nkiland

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
my buddy that i got the car from kept up with all the maintenance. ive put about 40 000 kms on it since i got it so maybe itstime to change the fuel filter. i just find it weird that when i slowly rev the car it hesitates and stumbles but when i hammer on it it revs right up. if the timing was off wouldnt it just not rev at all?? the only thing i did diff last time i drove it is right before i parked it i really got on it down the street