TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Gotta love it when a bunch of Dubs decide to haul ass down the highway. :D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok,

This year was really awesome, I had so much fun this year. Thanks to everyone for letting me help out, I really enjoyed it.

I left the hotel Monday morning at about 2am and arrived back in Toronto at about 1:30pm Monday afternoon, SWEET drive :D

I fell asleep after I got home and finally woke up at about 3am the next morning (I was wiped :eek:)...

It did rain off and on most of the way until I got close to Buffalo :(, but a nice drive non the less :cool:

I did some calculating and here are my mileage results:

Trip from Toronto to DC: 4.7723L/100Km or 49.289mpg
Trip from DC to Toronto: 4.7620L/100Km or 49.395mpg
Average for entire trip : 4.7671L/100Km or 49.343mpg

Not bad numbers, but I have to work on my driving habits to break the 50mpg mark :rolleyes:

MrVermin

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
Good numbers! Thanks again for all of your help. :D

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
SnowCub said:
I was sure he was going to to give up, especially when OnlyInABeetle set the pace. Note for anyone following OnlyInABeetle, please be sure to ask her whether she has had her morning caffeine yet. It's a big difference! Like the difference between Brussels_Belgian and HamsterDiesel pace. :eek:
so ya'll don't like me being all caffeinated? I thought it was rather funny when you pointed that out to me....Apparently I needed the coffee, leading was fun! even held the 51mpg's going 90+ at points lol

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
mrvermin said:
I left the hotel Monday morning at about 2am and arrived back in Toronto at about 1:30pm Monday afternoon, SWEET drive :D
Why did it take so long?

I went the interstate route on the way back. DC - Pittsburgh - Erie - Buffalo - Toronto. Just shy of 9hrs.

Pete

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
Guys,

Thanks for putting on the Fest. I made it over for Saturday. I really wanted to drive my Beetle, but it was sitting in the dealer holding lot after a failed ECM update (glow plug recall). Had a great time checking out all the TDI's and catching up with some of the folks I met at WorldImplex earlier in the year. Had a great time. Thanks!

Eric

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
petea4 said:
Why did it take so long?

I went the interstate route on the way back. DC - Pittsburgh - Erie - Buffalo - Toronto. Just shy of 9hrs.

Pete
The last time I went to Toronto, I took the route that MapQuest suggested. Big mistake - it took me on a winding route through the middle of PA with lots of little towns and lots of turns to make. The way back I came through Harrisburg PA on US 15 - on the whole lot better. The route through Erie sounds OK too..

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Good time guys!

Thanks for putting up with my crabbiness on Sunday. Had some car issues to work out.

Hope to see 300 at the next one.

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
onlyinabeetle said:
so ya'll don't like me being all caffeinated? I thought it was rather funny when you pointed that out to me....Apparently I needed the coffee, leading was fun! even held the 51mpg's going 90+ at points lol
Caffeine is good for you. We prefer when you drive fast. :D

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
onlyinabeetle said:
caffeine is bad for me, I can't sleep now due to a late night coffee
But caffeine makes you drive like a Hamster!!! The Benz likes to go around 80-90 so it was much happier when you pepped up.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I liked that route, calming and fun, besides, I did not have to rush :D. I like two-lane back road twisties, lots of scenery and nice roads :cool:

MrVermin

petea4 said:
Why did it take so long?

Pete

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
BTW, one thing we learned in our caravan, charcoal filters do work. We were able to turn it on and filter out the smell of the bio-diesel burners around us.

Oh and we averaged 32 mpg for the trip down, haven't filled up again yet.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The charcoal filters work great!

Also, I miss you all already. :(

Is it time for TDIFest 2010 yet???

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
ask sheryl I already had a countdown going lol...I miss everyone had a great time....and a huge thank you to lawson for convincing me to come down earlier than I planned and also for the hospitality, I appreciate it more than I can say:) can't wait till next year

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Wherever it is next year, I'll be getting a big room again. What a blast! :D

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
ericy said:
The last time I went to Toronto, I took the route that MapQuest suggested. Big mistake - it took me on a winding route through the middle of PA with lots of little towns and lots of turns to make. The way back I came through Harrisburg PA on US 15 - on the whole lot better. The route through Erie sounds OK too..
A lot depends on your preferences. You need to tell it to stick to major highways. Otherwise, if you have major highways turned off, it will route you all over the countryside. Isn't that right Bruce? ;)

FirstOrbit84

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 2-Door Golf TDI
Had a great time at my first fest! Thanks to the organizers...

Averaged just over 40 mpg, using about 3 1/3 tanks for over 1600 miles round trip.

Only thing I could've asked for was that Hyperfuels brought some jugs of Syndiesel to sell, in addition to the ones for the auction.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I wanted to send out a big thanks to Lawson and Chad for putting together a great TDIFest this year. I also wanted to thank SnowWife for doing such a good job of herding the volunteers around and living behind the raffle table the entire weekend. SnowWife, did you ever escape? :)
Without all the hard work of the organizers and the volunteers it wouldn't have appeared to be such a smooth event.;)

As for next year I'll be posting the requirements for a shortly. It will keep moving in the tradition of the past 10 as this allows for new sets of newbie's to learn more and also gives the veterans new locations to visit. If a location is to be repeated, there should be a few years in-between TDIFests at that site.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Got home Monday evening in time for TopGear.
Got X-rayed and had blood samples drawn Tuesday morning.
Replaced the tie-rod end and rebuilt the rear brakes on Tuesday afternoon.
Found a likely cause of my (car's) lack of power Tuesday evening: pump timing retarded to off the scale.

Any fest that requires medical and mechanical adjustments following is a good fest!

How is it possible that these just keep getting better and better?

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
Outstanding Fest done by out standing hosts. You are all to be commended, staff an volunteers alike.:D

Did another non-stop drive back home. A little over 12 hrs with avg MPG of 43.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I did my return trip just under 13 hours at 41 MPGs :D . 859 miles (that was avoiding the tollway).

ScottW

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon TDI
I attended Saturday. Thanks to all who organized this gathering as it was very informative and appeared well planned!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Jetter_Sprinta said:
Blood tests? Where did you go when you weren't with us? :eek:
Previously scheduled, but the proximity of the dates were ingredients in some hyperbole.;)
Still, I agree that this was the best yet.

hyperfuels

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
none.....yet ;)
Thanks to Lawson, Chad, Derf - everybody for making this TDI Fest the best one ever! This was the first time we made it to the Fest as in the past we have always just sent the fuel. We were so happy when you selected Herndon VA as we could bring the HYPERFUELS car, AJ Nealy the TDI Cup Driver and John Warren of World WIde Racing Fuels (our new SynDiesel racing fuel distributor). FirstOrbit - thanks and we will bring more product to sell next time - our very big mistake this year!

We have Frank and Heather at the New Jersey Motorsports Park and I don't think they could have a better time than having all the fun at the VW Jetta TDI Cup race. Lawson - will we see you in Atlanta?

hyperfuels

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
none.....yet ;)
Lawson - I forgot to thank you for introducing us to the CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH #2 - it is our favorite adult beverage now!

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
fuelman said:
Lawson - I forgot to thank you for introducing us to the CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH #2 - it is our favorite adult beverage now!
There is a local brewery in Alexandria that has a chocolate donut stout that is popular with some people :D. I don't get it much any more since I moved.

Where does one find the cinnamon toast crunch #2, anyways? That sounds like something worth trying..