Plastic elbow in clutch master feed tube

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
So I crapped the bed on this one. While removing all the 5 speed components on yet another v6 5 speed donor car i broke the plastic fitting. Is there a vw pn for this elbow? If not shes gonna get a brass or stainless 90 elbow and ill call it a day. I don't think dot5 eats brass? Ill have to double check that.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Stainless you should be fine.

That little elbow is not available separately from what I recall.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
Stainless it is. I kick myself for forcing it out. Was 90 degrees and was tired of fighting it.

rocketboy52

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat TDI
I broke mine too, I ended up buying new master cylinder, it came with the elbow. The elbows has a couple of features that lock it into place in the fire wall. Without those features there to hold the feed tube, I will be a real stinker to try and mount the hose on the engine side of the fire wall. Good luck.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
That shouldn't be an issue as the barbed elbow doesn't rest locked on the mount. Slide the feed tube into fire wall from under hood, attach hose to barbed fitting then cut your reservoir nipple off, attach to reservoir. No different than assembly with oem fitting only less work to get in place.