Colorado Emissions Standards?

JHands

Veteran Member
TDI
None presently
Currently have an 03 alh egr delete Dlc 1019 injector nozzles with Malone stage 2 tune. Wondering what Colorado standards are? Will be moving there in the next few months. I've heard they don't look for egr system. I've also heard certain counties don't require emissions. I'll likely be living outside of any major city center, likely 90 miles from the Denver airport. I still have the egr system in a box in my shed.

Some people say it will pass like this, thoughts?

Kyleig

TDI
2001 Jetta
What county? I'm in co. If your east of Denver you'll prob be ok but north or south you might not.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Weld county, no emissions, park county no emissions I'm sure anywhere east and northeast of DIA will not have emissions. I live in golden, ~5 miles west of denver (jefferson county) and we have emissions. However, my parents live in weld county, north of denver about 45 minutes and have both of my cars registered there.

Justin

Kyleig

TDI
2001 Jetta
I'm in weld as well, I do know that Greeley does require emissions but I think it's in city limits only and they're in weld.

JHands

Veteran Member
TDI
None presently
Well we are looking at the Golden area, so unfortunately we will have emissions it seems. Any chance it passes like this ?

sdeck

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, 253K, 01M, DLC520s, VNT-17(sold); 2014 Passat SE 6M, 61,000 miles (Feb 16 buyback date)
Colorado Diesel emissions are opacity-only. No chemical tail-pipe sniffer. No looks under the hood or check of the ECM. They just check the dash for CELs and then measure a light beam across your exhaust while at various loads on a dyno. $55-$125 depending on where you take it.

+1 for talking to Anuthee at Dieselland. He is close to Golden and really knows these cars. He does not do emissions, but can get your car to pass if it doesn't.

Highly recommend Diesels Only on Colfax. Quick, easy, cheap, honest. I've tried a few other places with my '03 Jetta and they always seemed to fail it and then give me a quote for the repairs needed. Take it to Diesels Only and it passes with flying colors.