View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2004, 20:52   #4
peter pyce
Veteran Member

Default 2004 West Coast TDIFest! (Let\'s Start Planning)

Dave, it is not really me who's making the decisions, we ALL will decide and try to suit as many people as possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I personally have no problem to drive even to Alaska for a West Coast GTG, but guess many people will simply chose not to come if the location is not so suitable for them.... Also, beside location, the main issue is WHO is going to take the "heavy" task to be the main supporter of the GTG. I mean, if there are 50-100 people coming, we better offer way more than simply a parking lot or a drive way. A dealership is simply one of the best solutions, but our best dealerships are in South California (Harv & Capo). Of course, an individual can do maybe even better, but it is really huge task for a member to organize such event around where he/she lives. Just thinking of where and how to park 50-100 cars is headache alone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If I owned a winery in Napa, boy, you all be my guests, but I am far from having that pleasure. Dave, do not get me wrong, the place you suggest is great, I know it too, the thing is WHO is going to take the task on the shoulders? I really think it is huge, almost impossible work for one private person like you. Of course, we may help, but even then, it is going to be one heavy task as we all have plenty of other things to do in life too. Well, I guess at the end, if we really can't find a bigger "sponsor" for this event - then perhaps we will go Plan "B" and do something more simple on our own, but believe me, it is better we try to involve somebody "bigger" first, because you really do not want to do this alone. Hope I did not sound too negative, just trying to be realistic. Organizing a small in town GTG is already way too much time, which many of us do not really have, so I may not even be able to imagine what would a Mega GTG become [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
peter pyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.17154 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.55 Kb. compressed to 14.12 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.21%)]