Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Just filled up at a local shell station for 2.19.

I may start going to a wawa a little further away since it looks like a busier station and it also helps that it's a good 5-8 cents cheaper per gallon :cool:

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2000 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2011 JSW DSG(sold back to VW)
Just paid 3.69 @ chevron in Hawaii Kai. cheapest on the island...

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Y'all are paying too much! $1.849 at HEB in Stephenville, TX!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
$1.63 at Fred Meyer in Port Orchard Wa. cheapest in the state! How low will it go???
Now I'm officially jealous! Most of the stations I go to are 1.99, with only one I've seen that was 1.85 and dropped by a penny in 3 weeks.

Joe 2012 Golf

TDI
2012 Golf 6 speed manual, 2006 Silverado Duromax dually
Diesel prices vary greatly around my city. I feel sorry for the truckers that stop at Petro or Flying J paying $2.30, $2.42. A mile and a half from my house, I filled up at @ $1.94 and just yesterday it went back up to $1.99 while gasoline is at $1.73. Mid town I've seen it at $2.21. Gasbuddy site is your friend. Use it. You can select diesel prices in your area.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Diesel prices vary greatly around my city. I feel sorry for the truckers that stop at Petro or Flying J paying $2.30, $2.42. A mile and a half from my house, I filled up at @ $1.94 and just yesterday it went back up to $1.99 while gasoline is at $1.73. Mid town I've seen it at $2.21. Gasbuddy site is your friend. Use it. You can select diesel prices in your area.
The truckers may actually be paying less than what is posted on the sign, if their companies have a contract with the truck stops or fuel stops. Or maybe anyone who uses an affinity card saves X cents per gallon. But you might have to buy 5000 gallons a month or more to qualify.

big_wig_074

TDI
seat ibiza tdi sport 130
I'm curious about diesel prices in the UK - do they vary a lot from city to city and region to region like they do in the US? Diesel here is anywhere from $1.70 to $3.00 a US gallon (£1.13-2 per US gallon), and I wonder if it varies that much over the pond as well.

Where I live, diesel is still hovering around $1.949/gallon, but at least one station is still charging $2.999 within reasonable driving distance.

My last fill-up was 30 October and it was $30.00 even for 14.158 gallons, but that was paying $2.119. So… £20 or thereabouts? I'm on empty now but haven't left the house in a few days, so I'll probably fill in the next day or three. I figure the next trip will be under $30/£20 if the price doesn't jump back up for some reason.
petrol and diesel prices on the whole are fairly consistent, within a few pence per litre depending on a few variables.
the biggest difference in prices, (other than motorway services which are ridiculously expensive because they have you in a corner so no other alternatives which allows them to charge sometimes 15p a litre more!), is usually between town centres where there is a lot of competition, especially from supermarkets, and garages in the middle of nowhere, where there is less footfall and they don't get bulk buy discounts etc...
the cheapest prices tend to be at Asda (walmart for you guys) or Tesco filling stations, petrol (gasoline) this weekend just dipped back to 99.9 pence per litre, this hasn't happened in a long while, a couple of years back we were close to £1.50 a litre!! Diesel is at £1.03 a litre as of this morning, I managed to cram £55 into my tank so that should last me 4 days!

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
The wholesale price in Minnesota this morning is more than 20 cents/gallon cheaper than just two weeks ago.

Right now, there are only a few stations in whole state of Minnesota with ULSD less than $2.00/gallon. But I think soon there will be lots of them, and hopefully some will be close enough that I can take advantage of them. It's been almost 7 years since I paid under $2.00 and that was only for a few tank fills before the price climbed back above that level.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I concur. And I think there is a Racetrac just east of El Paso on 10 that's A LOT cheaper than the truck stops. I honestly feel like I'm getting raped if I'm paying $2.29 or more right now in TX.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I paid $1.74 for diesel yesterday in Lake Wylie, SC. Rug was $1.68. Haven't been that close for a while. Cross the river but stay in SC and diesel prices went up over 30 cents.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Today I filled up for $1.899/gallon. That's the lowest price I've paid since June 18, 2004.

RUG was $1.799 at the same station.

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
Gas prices are actually going up near me, with one station deciding to jump up 10¢ this afternoon. But diesel is steady to down, with the dirt cheapest being $1.939 for cash at the Dodge's Fried Chicken, Taxes and Gas.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Gas prices are actually going up near me, with one station deciding to jump up 10¢ this afternoon. But diesel is steady to down, with the dirt cheapest being $1.939 for cash at the Dodge's Fried Chicken, Taxes and Gas.
I've gone to Dodge's Fried Chicken before for fuel and found they were always the cheapest diesel in most of the South. Apparently, not cheaper than some parts in Texas. $1.829 yesterday at HEB just north of Cleburne, TX.

D

DieselFarmer95

I fuel up for $2.12 a gallon here in central Illinois. Glad the half hour drive to work only cost me about $3.50

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
I've gone to Dodge's Fried Chicken before for fuel and found they were always the cheapest diesel in most of the South. Apparently, not cheaper than some parts in Texas. $1.829 yesterday at HEB just north of Cleburne, TX.
It's cheap but at least at the stations in Foley and Mobile, they charge +6¢ for credit. It wouldn't be so bad but some others match their cash price regardless of how you pay, so they don't get much of my business. Plus, it can be kinda seedy. That, and the pumps seems to always be acting up. Last time I bought there, the pump over-ran by ~5¢ after I shut it off. It just kinda petered out. Considering I pre-paid and it was supposed to cut off at a set amount, it infuriated me. But no, I did not go in and pay the extra 5¢. :rolleyes:

Circle K bought and renovated a nearby Exxon station, so I've been filling there. Name brand diesel at Dodge's prices, plus I get/redeem Plenti points there. They always match or beat the usual low price crew (Dodge's/Tom Thumb/Walmart).

Locally, gasoline prices are up almost 10¢ on average this week so far, to $1.859 while diesel is steady or down, with the low end at $1.939. I'm OK with this. :cool:

Adkhunter1590

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Albany NY I'm filling up at Cumberland farm using their "smart pay" card for a additional 10cents off to get 2.15 a gallon. Regular price $2.25. Cheapest diesel I've seen in this area for over 10 years probably. It's a shame but I honestly can't remember diesel being under $3 in NY that's how long it's been. I do remember when diesel hit $5-6 a gallon after hurricane Katrina though

Englando

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Albany NY I'm filling up at Cumberland farm using their "smart pay" card for a additional 10cents off to get 2.15 a gallon. Regular price $2.25. Cheapest diesel I've seen in this area for over 10 years probably. It's a shame but I honestly can't remember diesel being under $3 in NY that's how long it's been. I do remember when diesel hit $5-6 a gallon after hurricane Katrina though

Well hello neighbor! Last fill up at South Glens Falls Sunoco was $2.419.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Filled up last night - Sam's @ $1.91/D2 while there was a SpeedWay across town for $1.84/D2. But with low fuel warning and holiday shoppers I don't think I would have made it.

Did have a nice chat with a Cummins guy. He seemed to know diesels pretty well and relayed a cool blown LS1 project.

Jason

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Gotta love those fuel points!

After buying lots of gift cards at Smith's (they were giving 4x fuel points for gift card purchases), I got 95 cents off per gallon yesterday. I filled my tank and 2 - 5 gallon fuel cans (just over 24 gallons) at $1.28.9 per gallon. That was over 24 gallons of D2 for slightly just over $31.00 ($31.28). Boy, do I love those Kroger (Smith's) fuel points.

Have Fun!

Don