2014 jetta tdi tuning

Matt1982

TDI
2014 jetta tdi
Hello, thanks for letting me join! I just bought a 14' jetta tdi with dsg transmission, I was thinking of deleting egr, dpf, cats, i was looking at malone stage 0.5 with the stainless exhaust, anyone have experience with it? How about tunemyeuro.com? Are they any good? Thanks

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You might want to read some first before doing this. Deleting can be a big problem for some. Warranty is voided for the most part on the engine and emissions and drive train, if that is of any concern. They can tell if it has been tuned/flashed if they want no matter what you do. Just be sure you are fully informed before making this decision.

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Hello, thanks for letting me join! I just bought a 14' jetta tdi with dsg transmission, I was thinking of deleting egr, dpf, cats, i was looking at malone stage 0.5 with the stainless exhaust, anyone have experience with it? How about tunemyeuro.com? Are they any good? Thanks
If you get it tuned just go with the malone 2. It isn't a hot tune at all but makes the vehicle nicer to drive for sure.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Water meth mix, NOS 30 with 7 stages, c3h8 on a chaser, the c3h8 cna h2o/meth mix can be shot in by auber gauges based on EGT's and Boost.

ok now that we got all that goofy stuff out of the way can we get serious and just get a tune from malone, skip the exhaust, 14's dont have DPF,

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Here's a couple things to consider. If you delete the emissions hardware you won't be eligible for warranty repairs, which cover far more than the emissions gear. Turbo, injectors, timing belt system, etc. are all covered in the court ordered warranty. So if you're concerned about those, you're giving up a lot by doing a delete.

Some here say that a tune alone will jeopardize your warranty, but I think that's less clear. If you flash the car back to stock before taking it in for warranty work you might be OK. I haven't seen a lot of data either way on this.

If you don't want to keep the car stock (I didn't), then I'd suggest a stage 1 or 2 tune and a DSG tune. I have a Rocketchip tune on my GSW (manual, so no DSG tune) and VCDS data shows it's making about 180/300. Drives far better, especially at highway speeds. You may be satisfied with that. If not, you can always go to the delete as a next step.

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I would wait to tune. Believe me it has payed off already seeing as my reg is at the dealer being fixed as we speak and I’m sure I would be royally pissed off if I had to fix it instead of them fo freee!!!

Paulman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (buyback at 109,000miles) 2014 Jetta TDI 59,000miles
Yes, those of us who got into the whole TDI CPO warranty are in a special purgatory until 2021 or 2022 or who can figure out the precise timing of the CPO warranty and the Dieselgate warranty. I'd love to do a Tune but don't want to risk the sweet warranty.
My CPO fixed, ea189 CJAA engine, was done at 58,000 miles and I think my final emissions (engine-related) warranty will last until 2024 or 162,000 miles?
That's a ridiculous warranty on a 2014 car! It depends how much you drive. I drive 20,000 miles a year and this warranty math still confuses me.
Should I host a party for my local VW dealer's service department? We will be getting to know each other very well over the next couple years.
Paul

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
There is a sticker under the hood that has a date of when the “fix” was done and in the book it says 4 years from that date is when the warranty ends.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Should I host a party for my local VW dealer's service department? We will be getting to know each other very well over the next couple years.
Paul
I'd host a going away party for the car if I thought it was going to be that problematic. :D

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
I immediately put my Malone 2.0 tune back on my car after the "fix" was done. Since then I've probably put 30,000 miles on the car (I have a total of almost 130,000 miles on it) and have had absolutely no problems. I change oil and filter when required, but otherwise have done nothing except drive it like I stole it. And if you get Flashzilla you can download your Malone tune before taking it in for any service, then restore it when you get it back. A 5 minute process.