mud flap / splash guard installation on MK5 Sportwagen

SFL_TDI

TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Greetings All.

I recently purchased a 2009 TDI Jetta Sportwagen. I was planning on installing OEM mud flaps on the vehicle.

The rear set (part # 1K9075101 - Golf Variant / Jetta Wagon 2007 =>) fits my vehicle perfectly.

The flaps in the front set (part # 1K0075111 - Golf 2004 =>), are very ill fitting. According to the instructions and mounting points, they look like they are the correct part and should fit just fine. But, even when mounted properly according to diagram, they flex away from the quarter panel and look as if they were made for another vehicle. I'm wondering if despite what I have read online, these front flaps are made only for MK4 vehicles, or if there is a newer part number that I should be trying to track down.

If anyone has any info on the proper front mud flaps for the 2009 TDI Jetta Sportwagen, I'd be grateful.

Regards,
Ryan

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Also, I think they redesigned the sheet metal on the A5 bodies at the lower front doors for 07 or 08 and later to keep ice and slush from accumulating and bending the lower front doors. Might make a difference on how the front mud flaps fit.