Where can I buy Deoxit D5

JimBo_KW

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Highline
Hi Guys. Well my CEL is back on and I suspect its the glow plug harness the dealer advised me of the last time. Before replacing I would like to try cleaning it. I went looking in Mississauga today to a few stores listed in one of the links but they never heard of it. Any ideas where I can buy some close by? Thanks

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
try some aviation/avionics supply places. It's used a lot on aircraft. I can't think of anything off hand...maybe Newark Electronics event hough they aren't really aviaiton specific.

FL2AK-tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS Sedan
nutdriver said:
I was able to get Deoxit at my local Radio Shack. Not sure what the D5 version is but you can see the product I picked up in the link below. I used this to clean my glow plug harness contacts and never had any other problems.

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=deoxit
Holy cow that's expensive. We used to throw those things around like monopoly money.

DSL HED

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta wagon DSG
I got a can of it at a local electronics supply store. I paid $12 US for a small can about a year ago, but it was well worth buying. Actually, it looks like you can buy it online now from the place I got it from, although I don't know if they ship to Canada. Their site is http://www.hrdistributors.com. I bought a can of the D5S-6.

reflextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI - reflex silver
Guitar Center has it in stock, at least in the 'States. You might try a pro audio dealer - they should have it.

TDI'watcher

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS 4A Black on Black
reflextdi said:
Guitar Center has it in stock, at least in the 'States. You might try a pro audio dealer - they should have it.
Same line of distribution. I ordered one this spring through some guitar friend website and had it delivered to my door. CEL hasn't come back.

dbranson

TDI
6/15/2011 - 2000 Jetta TDI 5-spd
Just to provide more recent info - I looked for some today. Our Lowe's does not carry it, but Radio Shack and MEI Micro Center do. They both had the high-temp D5 version. R/S had never heard of it, but when we walked back there, it was on the shelf.

curtludwig

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2005 Golf
I've bought it from Amazon. For cleaning the breaker points on an old snowmobile there is nothing better. Sure its expensive but you could buy 5 cans of the cheap stuff which doesn't do anything...

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Just to provide more recent info - I looked for some today. Our Lowe's does not carry it, but Radio Shack and MEI Micro Center do. They both had the high-temp D5 version. R/S had never heard of it, but when we walked back there, it was on the shelf.
Same thing happened to me at Radio Shack; I had to spell it out so the clerk could check inventory.:confused: