SC - TDI GTG - 5th Annual Midlands Biofuels - May 9th 2015

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Weather is looking Great for this weekend's TDI GTG!

Trying to get a head count and it looks like we have around 20 people coming based on the forum posts. I am trying to get a head count on people to help make the food plans.

Our church happens to be having a BBQ fundraiser the same day as our TDI GTG. They are raising $$$ to send 40 kids to camp this summer. The BBQ plates are $10 each and I will still fry some sides, on the side, to keep it "healthy". Zeb, I guess this means the full fried fish meal focus can be adjusted to bring a small amount to fry as a side item.

How does everyone feel about this menu change?

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Anybody got the radio removal tool? Can you bring it and maybe show me how it works please. I gotta tackle the missing foam on the heater control doors soon.

Also, interested in engine temp gage setups. I can do it, just looking for trick way to tap into the coolant and gage ideas. My car only has light.

Gary
Gary,

I have the radio removal tools with me if you need them.

I might see if you can double check with me that I have all of the air removed from my clutch slave cylinder. : )

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
I will have a complete EGR cooler for a BEW available

need help replacing a 109 relay, I cannot contort my body to the install position and recover

I will be replacing the antennae base on my 04 wagon, if anyone has done this B/4 , guide me through...I have the diy off the site.

see yall sat am

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Terry,

Glad to take a look. I see what I can find that might help us too.

If I can do my blend door w/o messing with the radio so much the better. Wasn't really expecting to do it, just figure out that center panel thingy.

I got the coffee fixins today.

jjbionic1

TDI
02 New Beetle
This will be my first event. Recently I went over to DanG144's and ran some diag's on my 02 Beetle TDI. Found that there are a few things I need to show attention to. I have the fan unit and the Fan control unit that need replaced. I have the parts. I also got a new seat belt for the drivers side that has a short in it. Do you think there would be a chance of anyone there being able to help me work on these. I am very excited to meet all of you and look forward to seeing everyone's cars and what they have been doing to them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend. I also need to change out my 4 wire glow plug harness but that may depend on whether i can get one here by then. See yall soon. Thanks

DidJettarun

Veteran Member
TDI
A5 2005.5 Jetta A4 2003 Jetta
Hi ALL I have 3m Thinsulate accoustic Pad for Sale 8ft x 2ft $25.00

If you are interested Post here and I will get it to GTG

jjbionic1

TDI
02 New Beetle
Is there a list somewhere to sign up for to come to this, i cant seem to find one anywhere. Also something about a list to sign up for possibly getting some help working on our cars. What is the cost for this. I am looking forward to meeting al lof you, and getting some assistance with my NB. Thanks.

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
Is there a list somewhere to sign up for to come to this, i cant seem to find one anywhere. Also something about a list to sign up for possibly getting some help working on our cars. What is the cost for this. I am looking forward to meeting al lof you, and getting some assistance with my NB. Thanks.

Tdi GTG's are a good time. Just show up. There's no cost. Introduce yourself. Be polite. Talk to people and ask for help. They are unlike any car gathering you have ever been to. This isn't about show cars, this is about wrenching. Bring your tools, parts, rags, cleaners, etc. bring a chair or two. Bring food to pitch in. If a donation jar is put out, make sure you give as this helps the host with the food, power, water, use of his facilities. There will be plenty of people to help. Get there early and stay late! This is a chance to ask questions from some very knowledgeable folks.

Cha2ga

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 JSW
This will be my first event. Recently I went over to DanG144's and ran some diag's on my 02 Beetle TDI. Found that there are a few things I need to show attention to. I have the fan unit and the Fan control unit that need replaced. I have the parts. I also got a new seat belt for the drivers side that has a short in it. Do you think there would be a chance of anyone there being able to help me work on these. I am very excited to meet all of you and look forward to seeing everyone's cars and what they have been doing to them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend. I also need to change out my 4 wire glow plug harness but that may depend on whether i can get one here by then. See yall soon. Thanks

Bring your fan, T27 torx socket, 10mm socket, ramps. Fan is a 30 minute job. I did mine today.

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
I'm not going to make it due to packing for a move.
If anybody wants the front non-fog light bumper trim for a 2012 Jetta, a US spec headlight switch or the rear bumper rebar I could meet you on I-77 at exit 82.

jjbionic1

TDI
02 New Beetle
DanG144 and I were doing a little work on my car and he had mentioned that someone may be able to help me with a hammer mod this Saturday. He said I would probably benefit from it. I went ahead and cleaned under the hood really good this morning per his advice. Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I am super excited for my first GTG

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
JJB, and Jack;
I am planning on making it, but will have to leave by about 1pm. I will bring the special tool for the injection pump security bolt, my VCDS, and a hammer.

9 days ago I had shoulder separation repair surgery, and will not be doing any work on anything.

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
family emergency arose last night and prevents me from attending today, loaded up JSW will now have to be unloaded and

I will miss BioJoe's hospitality and seeing familiar faces.

thanks for your efforts Joe
bd

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Sorry you can make it Bill. Hope all will be well with your family.

HouptyGT, and my self are on our way

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
JJB, and Jack;
I am planning on making it, but will have to leave by about 1pm. I will bring the special tool for the injection pump security bolt, my VCDS, and a hammer.

9 days ago I had shoulder separation repair surgery, and will not be doing any work on anything.
Dan, I'll be glad to assist with the IP, you can supervise! : )

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Joe, great get to get together. Thanks again!

It was good seeing everybody again. Terry and I made it back safe but let's say that I made it back a bit FASTER! :D Silly Terry thought he could stay in 5th gear.

GO RED DRAGON! lol

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Joe, thank you guys for hosting another great GTG. Great seeing everybody again.

Houpty got the jump on me. I'll getcha next time RED DRAGON! Ha

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
It was great to see everyone again.
It was a beautiful day.
Thanks again BioJoe for another great GTG.
It was great to see DanG1 again. Hope you heal quick.

I look forward to the next GTG.

jjbionic1

TDI
02 New Beetle
Hey everyone. My Dad and I had a great time Saturday. Thanks to everyone who helped out and thanks to BioJoe for his hospitality. What a cool operation he is running there. My NB is running better than ever after that hammer mod, and the new fans got my a/c running cool again. I can't wait for the next GTG. It was great meeting everyone! Thanks again.

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Hello Joe,
Thanks for hosting this event again this year, Great time. I like that it is in May so the heat isn't overbearing.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
::COUGH::

All this heat is making think about a Midland Bio GTG from years back. Any news on another GTG? I hope the fuel market is not giving Joe too many problems.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
The HEAT is ON

I have been debating about what to do this year. It is way to late to avoid crazy high heat so I have just put off planning. The more time that passes I get more and more people asking about it.

So Aug 27th would be be first Saturday I could do it or September 10th. It will be a small event with this short notice but I sure would love to put another notch on the wall for another consecutive year having one.

I will put the word out and see what we can put together.

I have doubled our staff & plant processing ability, and purchased a few other companies so Biz has been good. Oh yeah and I have an 11 month old now so we've been kinda busy. Oh and we changed our name to Green Energy Biofuel...

MAKING FUEL BABY!!!!

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds good, Joe! I always loving seeing what new goodies you have gotten every year. Smart move on the name change; green sells.