2014 Q5 post-fix impression

DieselQ5

TDI
1800 mile, post fix update

I had family in town for a couple of weeks so I got a chance to put 3 tanks of fuel through her. I still see zero difference in my driving experience which includes mountain driving up to 7,000 ft. 1st tank with city driving I hand calculated 26 mpg. 2nd and 3rd tanks with primarily highway driving 75~80 mph I hand calculated 29 mpg. I am very happy with these numbers and my car overall.
As a side note I received my 2nd check from Bosch for $750 on 2/17 so I am completely finished with all compensation.
My Dad and I were curious as to the value of my car now so to answer that curiosity I took it to Carmax yesterday and they gave me a value of $23,000. 2014, 50k, VERY clean. No way would I give this car up for that. I bought my car used for 35k. If you deduct monies received from VW and Bosch the car cost me 25k.
At this point everything is behind me and I can just get back to enjoying my Q5.

Last edited:

DieselQ5

TDI
I found this website https://www.audiusa.com/trade-in-value
It gave me a pretty good quote for my high-mileage 2014 Q5 TDI. When I go to trade in, I will use this for leverage. Since you're not trading in, you could still use it at carmax, your Audi dealer, etc.
My experience at Carmax last night was the they will pay very little for Audi or VW diesels because, according to them, Carmax has a policy that they won't sell these cars and they will go directly to the wholesale auction.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I had family in town for a couple of weeks so I got a chance to put 3 tanks of fuel through her. I still see zero difference in my driving experience which includes mountain driving up to 7,000 ft. 1st tank with city driving I hand calculated 26 mpg. 2nd and 3rd tanks with primarily highway driving 75~80 mph I hand calculated 29 mpg. I am very happy with these numbers and my car overall.
As a side note I received my 2nd check from Bosch for $750 on 2/17 so I am completely finished with all compensation.
My Dad and I were curious as to the value of my car now so to answer that curiosity I took it to Carmax yesterday and they gave me a value of $23,000. 2014, 50k, VERY clean. No way would I give this car up for that. I bought my car used for 35k. If you deduct monies received from VW and Bosch the car cost me 25k.
At this point everything is behind me and I can just get back to enjoying my Q5.
Good report. Your value in keeping the car with the warranty protections is well north of its trade price. Happy driving!

Gumbus1514

TDI
2014 Q5
The warmer weather on the first Coast has made a big difference. My 1900 rpm trundle through the hood is now a more reasonable 1500. I too am experiencing lots of regens. Transmission is still regaining composure but is getting better. Not sure if this is the weather or it is relearning. Local mileage is down almost 3 mpg but a trip to Tampa a few weeks back resulted in slightly better mileage. I did get a CEL on way to Tampa that ended up being a bad DPF sensor. Thanks to Audi Tampa I was repaired before it was time to return home. Wondering if this contributed to any of my bad experience immediately post fix. My views on politicians, bureaucrats, and lawyers are unchanged but I do like my car again!

HMBJack

TDI
Audi Q5
2014 Q5 TDI with 36K on it.

Had the emissions modification completed in February.

My most noticeable difference is the smell of rotten eggs (sulfur) at start up.
Goes away after the engine warms up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Doesn't seem to matter if the windows are up or down - but after every cold start up - it's there!

I will check MPG soon as I have a long trip coming up.

TDI
Audi Q5 TDI 3.0L
2014 Q5 TDI with 36K on it.

Had the emissions modification completed in February.

My most noticeable difference is the smell of rotten eggs (sulfur) at start up.
Goes away after the engine warms up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Doesn't seem to matter if the windows are up or down - but after every cold start up - it's there!

I will check MPG soon as I have a long trip coming up.
Don't have this with my fixed Q5 TDI. I recall that rotten egg smell is related to bad catalytic converters in years gone by. You should get it checked.