View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2018, 04:40   #15
halbert
Veteran Member

Back in June, I sent a letter to the CRC, with documentation, that basically said that (a) I was an original new vehicle owner, (b) that the vehicle was damaged on Nov 25, 2016, (c) that I had a 'certificate of salvage' (not a salvage/rebuilt title), and that my documents were continually being rejected as incorrect.

In October, they asked for proof of purchase, and moved me to step 15...where I still am.

Yesterday, I got this email from the CRC:

We write to notify you of the decision on your appeal to the Court-appointed Claims Review Committee. The Claims Review Committee is composed of one representative from Volkswagen, one representative from Settlement Class Counsel, and a Court-appointed “Neutral,” who is called upon to resolve any disagreements between the Claims Review Committee’s other members, should they arise. Under the terms of the 2.0-Liter Class Action Settlement, determinations by the Claims Review Committee constitute final decisions that are not subject to any further appeal.

The Claims Review Committee has carefully reviewed your appeal and determined that the issue(s) raised in your appeal letter already have been resolved. If you believe this to be in error, please contact us by email at crc@vwcourtsettlement.com or by mail addressed to Claims Review Committee, P.O. Box 214500, Auburn Hills, MI 48321. You should provide a brief explanation of why you believe the issue raised in your appeal letter has not yet been resolved and provide supporting documentation, if any, that you wish the Claims Review Committee to review in connection with your appeal.

So, the fact that my 'documents are in order and under review to determine if I'm eligible' resolves the issue in their mind is hardly complete. Maybe they really are serious about doing something by Jan 31 (Wednesday next week). But I doubt it.
halbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06950 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.65 Kb. compressed to 14.21 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.14%)]