Has anyone tried VAG-COM with Windows 7?

wfodave

TDI
n/a
Why don't you just download VCDS-Lite for free and run it? It was updated to run with Win 7 and replaced VAG-COM 409 - three or more years ago!
I'm trying to get Vag-Com 409 to run because while I have been able to use VCDS-Lite to connect to many of the controllers in my car, it won't connect to the airbag controller, which is what I need. Someoe posted that they were able to connect to their airbag controller using the old vag-com software, so I want to try it.

forcedfedbug

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta, Totalled late 11. 2012 Passat TDI w/DSG and a 2012 Golf TDI. Golf traded for a 2013 beetle
What is your car? 409 I believe may have had an issue with some cars and some AB controlers. If your car is old enough where that works looking at your AB controller may not be a good idea. That really depends are your car. My car is a 2000 beetle. That car was supposed to have the AB with problems however I scanned that module lots and lots of times with old outdated software with the old iso controller cable and my AB light never came one. With that said though it is a known issue that some AB controllers do no like that software so you may have issues with it if you scan it with old software and you have the controller that is known not to work with it.

Ron