South Eastern PA Diesel Guru / Shop / Help?

chromosexual

TDI
MK3 AAZ
I currently am stuck about 5 hours north of where this car is located and simply dont have time to work on it..... i need it completely gone through ... does anyone know any quality mechanics in the area?

thanks alot
-Paul

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
I know a couple good VW shops around, though I dunno about diesel knowledge.

though, ditto on the Q's from above.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Wow!! I like your screen name! Which town are you in? There are a couple of places in that area.

chromosexual

TDI
MK3 AAZ
sorry i didnt check the updated Trusted TDI Mechanics by State thread http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044

Car is currently located in Glen Mills PA. I basically bought it and have let it sit for the last 8 months. I am planning on dumping the daily and making the 98 mk3 jetta tdi my daily.

Unfortunately I just dont have time/space to work on it as I work in Western MA.

thanks again,
-Paul

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
One of the oldest VW shops in the Country and closest. Three Generations deep

Gene's Foreign Car Service & Parts Inc.Address:

2538 West Chester Pike
Broomall, PA 19008-2429
(610) 356-2389

As diesel's PM Brussels Belgium. He is from that area, and can probably recommend someone.

pawel

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 TDI 6 MT, Platinum Gray Metallic, Anthracite Interior
Leo819 said:
One of the oldest VW shops in the Country and closest. Three Generations deep

Gene's Foreign Car Service & Parts Inc.Address:

2538 West Chester Pike
Broomall, PA 19008-2429
(610) 356-2389

As diesel's PM Brussels Belgium. He is from that area, and can probably recommend someone.
did you use this shop before? do you think that this shop could do TB on 09 CR?

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
pawel said:
did you use this shop before? do you think that this shop could do TB on 09 CR?
They did my timing belt for my 2003 @ 95K I believe fall of 07. I have put 40k since the change. IIRC, it was 350ish for labor. I gave them a TDIparts.com TB kit.

I thought about going to Oliver in MD. I wanted to take it to Oliver. Time/work issue was a problem. So I went to Gene's. They are friendly, have good shop rates, and my car runs fine.

Though, if I had the time and I could make it happen, I would have Oliver (tdiracing) do it in Baltimore.

chromosexual

TDI
MK3 AAZ
lots of good info in here. Its a shame I have no garage space to fix my bumper/rad support issue, but atleast NOW i know about a few shops in my area :)

chromosexual

TDI
MK3 AAZ
Hey so its been a while... think i am going to get this car on over to Gene's as they seem to be the best option out of the 3 listed here....

:)

sleze

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 2005, Shadow Blue - DECEASED
I have been using Gene's since I bought my car (my family has been using Gene's for over 20 years). Affordable, reliable and flexible (they will really try to fit you in if you have to get something done quickly). I am relocating because of work and will probably time my family trips back to the area around oil changes and maintenance.

They also work on Hondas.