Winnipeg oil change?

KiwiCanuck

TDI
Oops.. driving a gasser
Near Winnipeg this week. BEW could use a change of oil. Have a filter with me but am sans tools. Recommendations in or near the 'peg?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Near Winnipeg this week. BEW could use a change of oil. Have a filter with me but am sans tools. Recommendations in or near the 'peg?
You realize that you do not have to change right on the dot at 16.000 km. A few extra thousand km until you get home won't hurt the engine.
Someone some time ago in the Ontario forum checked and had his oil tested by a lab and it was still good at some 30.000km.

KiwiCanuck

TDI
Oops.. driving a gasser
Thanks Jetta_Pilot. Added 1/2L to the mix and am back in Cambridge now (just now coming down with the cold brought home from pre-school by my niece's kid)...

Gotrek

Veteran Member
TDI
I test my oil tested once in a while, I run rotella T6 5w40 and I change my oil around 25000km intervals or once a season(summer, spring, Fall, Winter). It's what the oil analysis said I'm good for. I drive mostly highway.

Next time if you're in a pinch and you know you're coming ahead of time PM me. I'm just outside Wpg but I can change your oil for you (for the cost of oil and filter and some beer or whiskey :).