Rough Running

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SE & 06' TDI Jetta
Guy, my 06 Jetta's engine is vibrating alot, is not missing... mileage is normal, just moving alot at idle, once is in gear and thru the gears there is no problem just rough.

dr.diesle

Veteran Member
TDI
92 golf tdi/01 golf tdi /02 golf tdi/04 jetta wagon tdi/vanagon westy tdi
mine did that, lent it to the wife and well she still has it ///is it using oil and or smoking a bit?

dr.diesle

Veteran Member
TDI
well if its serviced as per manual then why fuel filter not done yet these pds are hard on fuel filters but thats always what peoples think first I should invest in a filter company ... these engines have an injector problem so if under warranty I would have it checked unless there is a mil light on at least have it checked but dont get me wrong a bad wheel bearing will make a vib not enough info to go further

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
Not a wheel bearing....

the fuel filter has not been done yet because it got just under 15,000 on that filter, not wheel bearing because vibration happens only at idle, it runs smooth under acceleration and the fuel mileage it is still around the 40's, so I know it is hard to get a web dignosis of the problem, but Im just looking for the "usual" issues on the mighty PD!:eek:

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
guys I started to hear a noise towards the front right side of the engine along with the vibration, still runs good just the vibration and now the thun thun thun sound towards the front right side of the engine it has now about 56,000 so It will be going in the stealership on monday....

dr.diesle

Veteran Member
TDI
hey nicknac I would like to hear how you say that it may be a wheel bearing try and turn wheel when driving ever so slightly to see if noise changes if so its a wheel bearing ....dealer will hose you on that as per anything

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
around 40,000 miles I took it in because "noise" (DMF) as usual the dealer could not duplicate the noise, this time is more than the DMF Im thinking lifters or even a rod, when I start the engine there is no noise when warm the thunk, thunk starts, no issues with wheel bearings, it makes the noise at idle...not rolling

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
Good morning, well I'm here at the VW dealer, the Jetta has 56500 miles on it I talked to one of the sevice reps and he seemed like he could not duplicate the noise then he sat in the car and noticed it... I hope they will fix it, I'm betting on internal engine stuff, the fuel mileage has been great, I have 480 miles on this tank and still above 1/4 tank so it is hard to say, I also changed the fuel filter to see if the problem went away W/O luck fuel econmy has not changed and other than the vibration at idle the Jetta does not miss.

I'll keep posted

Last edited:

nicknack2

Veteran Member
TDI
they said that it is the trasmission mount, and they are trying to find out if that is covered under the drivetrain warranty...any body knows???