New Attorney Marketing Materials?

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
We turned our Passat in almost a year and a half ago, so this doesn't affect me, but did, as claimed by the postcard I received over the weekend (Emphasis theirs):

"Volkswagen has withdrawn its application for an emissions modification for 2012-2014 TDI Volkswagen Passat vehicles with manual transmissions. This means that the option of keeping your vehicle, having it repaired, and receiving a cash payment IS NOT AVAILABLE"?

TBH, I haven't been paying much attention since mid-January of last year, when we rolled out of the parking lot of the VW dealer I used to work at and headed to the Mazda dealer to pick up my wife's CPO 6, but this was an interesting way to rekindle my curiosity.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Old news. There is no fix for manual Passat and never will be. Its only buyback or keep the car with no money

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Note the weasel wording in that letter! All the 'ands' trying to mislead! The combination of 'keeping your vehicle' *AND* 'repair' *AND* 'cash payment' is truly unavailable, but simply legally 'keeping your vehicle' *IS* available, since the fix or buyback has *NEVER* been mandatory!

Just one more thing to make people loathe lawyers . . .

Last edited:

Jimbo70

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Old news. There is no fix for manual Passat and never will be. Its only buyback or keep the car with no money
Interesting. I haven't paid much attention since we turned our car in last year. Knowing this just reinforces to me that we made the right choice returning our Passat.

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
If put in this position I would turn the car in and get a 2015 instead. There is no financial advantage to keeping the unsupported car.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
If put in this position I would turn the car in and get a 2015 instead. There is no financial advantage to keeping the unsupported car.
That's what I did. No regrets at all.

:)