View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:59   #29
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

I thought that the Fest was a huge success. There was no lack of entertainment for me. Saturday had plenty of events to keep my occupied. I opted out of a couple of them in lieu of socializing and hanging out.

As for the hotel, it seems to be showing its age. Unfortunately, many hotels suffer from the same issues as the King's Island Resort. One of those issues is oversized airconditioners for the rooms, which results in a very humid environment. A couple solutions to this are to crank it up to max, or to bring a small space heater to add to the cooling load, thus making it dehumidify more.

There were a couple of issues that several people faced at the hotel. I'm not sure if I should mention specifics, but I will say that I thought the management did everything they could to correct the situations. All-in-all, it could have been worse.

A note for future fest planners... when you check out the hotel, have them show you several rooms, even the ones in the far corners of the earth. Check out the climate control, condition of the furniture, compentence of the staff, etc. It's also helpful to drop in on them unexpectedly to see how they react.

As I've already mentioned, I'm heading up the DC 2009 committee. I'm paying very close attention to all of your suggestions and comments.

Page generated in 0.06531 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.81 Kb. compressed to 14.24 Kb. by saving 1.57 Kb. (9.95%)]