Winnebago LeSharo conversion

duckhunter854

TDI
2000 Jetta GL, Black
I am looking at purchasing an older 1984-1990 Lesharo RV. This supposedly on a Eurovan frame and currently uses an underpowered 75hp renault diesel. Was thinking about converting to tdi technology. Any ideas on the best engine/tranny to use?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
It's on a Renault Transit frame...

As I understand, the drivetrain is also used in the Jeep Cherokee diesel.

I'd be looking at what they use in Jeeps. I think that's things like Cummins 4BTs with Chevy trannies.

McBrew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, Silver/Grey
After the LaSharo, they made a similar model called t he Rialta. It is built on a VW chassis with a V6 gas engine. I have imagined how nice it would be to have a TDI (chipped) in one of those!

karlaudi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf GLS 1.9TDi; 2012 Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDi
duckhunter854 said:
I am looking at purchasing an older 1984-1990 Lesharo RV. This supposedly on a Eurovan frame and currently uses an underpowered 75hp renault diesel. Was thinking about converting to tdi technology. Any ideas on the best engine/tranny to use?
My Father-in-Law owns nothing but Renaults and has, or did have, a Renault Dealer as a client.

It is a long shot, but give me details about this vehicle, especially the motor and transmission and I will see what maybe available. It will take some time.

Check with Renault sources on line and check out eBay in France, Britain, and Germany for parts or upgrades for your motor.

I once compared my Father-in-law’s R21 diesel to a German spec R21 turbo diesel my Brother-in-law had. The turbo was nearly a direct bolt on.

Cheers!

:)