Blue Thunder

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
I have been around for a while and the car has been modded for almost 4 years now. I figured it's about time to start putting a thread together.

The Car is a 2001 Jetta GL TDI Started life as an automatic but not any more. Mods are listed below...

Engine & Tranny:
VNT17/22 (ceramic coated)
Power Plus 764 (soon to pay a visit to DBW)
KERMA Tune
OMI
CCV MOD
EGR Delete
Diesel Geek Race Pipe
Catconomy
Straight Pipe all the way
5spd Swap
SB stage 2 Silent Clutch
3.16RG
Limited Slip

Suspension & Brakes:
H&R Coilovers
TT LCA Bushings
Full front end refresh kit from Bleached Bora
Zimmerman Crossdrilled rotors all around
Pads (can't remember the brand)

Exterior:
4 motion front valance
Hood Notch filled
No emblem grill
DTM Mirrors (to be replaced by some 20th AE)
17" Factory Long Beach wheels
OEM rep Ecode HIDs
Lower grill Fogs
City Jetta Fender Liner
De-badged (waiting on all RED TDI)
rear fog light
Factory roof rack
Various antennas

Interior:
GLI Recaros
GLI Steering wheel
Sunglass holder
Home link visor
Euro Switch
Euro half height sport cluster
Scan Guage II
Magnum 257hp 10 meter radio
Yaesu FT7900 2 meter radio
Garmin Nuvi 1390T with life time maps and traffic
15% 3M Tint all around
LED Lighting

And all protected by H&K .45 USP Compact to be exact.

Waiting to go on...

Thule fairing for roof rack, New Factory headliner, some more GLI interior bits and pieces...

Last edited:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd

This was about 4 months ago, It was like that since about July of 2007.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
This is what it looks like now...

City made me take the wrap off as they have an ordinance that states no commercial vehicles in residential areas. Major BS , but who can afford to fight city hall right...

shizzler

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW Wagon
Haha. Plus, you know, it was hideous.

More pics of current! So you still have the CF hood and trunk on?

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Last weekend I tackled the interior, no more Crayon smell or sticky paint, oh ya and new GLI Seats and Steering wheel to boot.

I will post more pics later of the finished Job.

Oh ya stay tuned this weekend the 3 pedal mod.

Last edited:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Carbon fiber hood sold and replaced with a stock hood. Now I just need to paint the whole car.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Huge difference and the car feels more solid, I know it sounds weird but it does. And no more head aches after driving the car all day.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
It's not that's 6 month old 3M I guess it's just my crappy cell phone pics.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
3 Pedal mod done, that was fun...

Today I dropped the car off for a full paint job, notch less hood work, remove door dings and paint the mirrors to match.

Should have it back on Saturday, I will post some pics then.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Now I just need to detail the whole car and gets some new photo's with the new paint job.

vwdzi

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 1981 Rabbit Pickup
nice work, how difficult was it to strip the interior?

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Loving the new fuel milage and the acceleration, wow I should have done the swap sooner

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Well I did the swap myself with the help of my very talented cousin who happens to own a transmission repair shop. That saved me about $1000.00. The tranny I purchased with just about everything I needed for the swap from Tothemax, another forum brother, he made me a sweet deal. The rest of the small parts and missing dodads I purchased from Bleached Bora who even got me some last minute items here just in time for the swap.

To answer your question it should run you between $2000 to $3500 to do the swap.

Last edited:

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
I haven't formally thanked them but you have reminded me so here goes, Thank you to Tothemax for selling me your most excellent transmission, it is awesome. I would also like to that Aaron (Bleached Bora) who help me out tremendously with the small parts and new engine mounts and even got it all here just in time. A special thank you to Todd (Pitboy) for answering his phone all day Saturday and being on stand by for the electrical portion. And finally I would like to thank my Cousin over at ATI Transmission repair for hooking it up.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I haven't formally thanked them but you have reminded me so here goes, Thank you to Tothemax for selling me your most excellent transmission, it is awesome. I would also like to that Aaron (Bleached Bora) who help me out tremendously with the small parts and new engine mounts and even got it all here just in time. A special thank you to Todd (Pitboy) for answering his phone all day Saturday and being on stand by for the electrical portion. And finally I would like to thank my Cousin over at ATI Transmission repair for hooking it up.
Welcome partner ... Thank you for buying it... helps me fund my 6 speed .... now you have an LSD gotta get her on the track and use it tothemax.... ;)

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
I have a few hwy off ramps under my belt already, autocross event next month should be fun. Only if the suspension is ready.

AUGSX

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GL TDI 5spd
Thanks for the kind words Pro street. Yours is coming along nicely also, I have been watching. Yes the paint is the same Galactic Blue. Pics should come Sunday after I give it a good wash and wax. I also have a couple of new mods which should be on by Sunday for the photo shoot.