Ripping and stand up a Jetta, (any car)

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
why not just make some 2x4 cribbing blocks?
this

i stick them on the pinch rails though

mongler, if you use cinder blocks your kids are probably going to grow up without a dad
I hate your attitude on here but for their benefit just deal with the indignity of using something proper like two wheels welded together, or a bunch of junk wood nailed together

Lots of people die trying to use concrete blocks to hold up cars and such, and it ain't usually a quick death either

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
look, its not like im not taking your comments seriously, I am. im very confident that my original plan would work, however, it was just a thought and wanted some input as to what others do in this situation. Im not willing to bet my life on it though, I need some heavy duty stands anyways, so im going to go pick up some 6 ton jack stands while there on sale, i need them anyways as i want a more "permanent/temporary" way to keep the 944 up in the air while i work. im going to put some wood cribbing nailed together in key points i can move around as security just incase anything was to slip or fall.
thanks guys for your input.
ive seen even more jank, than that picture lol, PERSONALLY.

These jack stands adjust quickly from 15-13/16 in. to a maximum of 23-1/2 in.
just the right height for what i need.

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
JETaah , it is unfortunate that sarcasm does not come across well when written. However I will give you the benefit of the doubt , and assume that sarcasm is dripping from your post. Similarily , I hope that Bigtom does not intend to have his idea taken seriously.

486 , if this board allowed for postings to be given gold stars , I would award you at least five stars. The unfortunate reality is 99% of persons who kill or seriously injure themselves have zero comprehension of the risks that they put themselves at. I suspect the OP is unable to recognise the the dangers of his proposed ideas, and nothing on this board will change his mind. Your choice of the word , ATTIITUDE, is impeccable. However if just one young or inexperienced poster reads this thread and educates himself, our efforts have not been in vain.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Would this help?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I am really surprised that the guy in the picture figured out a way to tip the truck up on that angle and not have the sense to secure it better before crawling under it.

Last edited:

bigtom111

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 97 Passat, 03 Jetta
In addition to propping up his truck with a 4x4, he also appears to be welding on the gas tank.

Would this help?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I am really surprised that the guy in the picture figured out a way to tip the truck up on that angle and not have the sense to secure it better before crawling under it.