Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Marty and Sandy,

You guys are great! Wish you weren't so far away.

My buddy, Randy, split the drive and enjoyed his first GTG...loved it. We drove two tanks of fuel from F to E, no breaks...one on the way up; one going back.

The injector bench was making me nuts. It took too long to figure out the glitch. I think I might leave it at home the next time and just visit instead.

We will be seeing you in Ypsilanti! Hopefully, one of our next big projects will be there for 'show and tell'.

Last edited:

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Thank you to the generous hosts (Marty & Sandy) for putting on another great GTG! It's always a good time out in Fowlerville and we enjoyed seeing familiar faces and some new ones too.

It amazes me how far people will come to spend the day with other TDI nuts. There were people there from Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, Missouri, Massachusetts, and Toronto. I'm sure there are others I'm missing as well.

It was nice to figure out where the illusive oil leak was coming from. It turned out to be from the oil pressure sensor mounted on top of the oil cooler bracket. I also had some seepage from the oil pan gasket so we changed that out as well. Marty, I'll send you the loaner oil pressure sensor as soon as the new one gets here (Thurs).

Til next time!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I believe the box of headrests belongs to dieselnewbie.
Yes, they do but those headrests were available to anyone who wanted one, some or all for FREE! dieselnewbie should have marked the box with large 'FREE' letters to help get the message across.

Eljean

Veteran Member
Marty and Sandy - reiterating everyone's praises...Thank you...Thank you...Thank you! It was great to see "familiar" faces and meet new ones. Love putting a face with a name.
Looking forward to the next GTG.

Eljean

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I have a (sort of) funny side story: after leaving Marty and Sandy's I filled my Golf at the Sunoco near I-96. Put 14.1 gallons of fuel in the car, clear fuel in the filler neck. Stopped the pump...but it didn't stop. Kept counting. Went inside, the girl working the counter couldn't make the pump stop. Called for help, still couldn't.

I gave them my info and they assured me that they'd remove any additional charge. I wasn't terribly concerned about it since I thought charges at pumps were limited to $75 or $100. Not so. Looked at my AMEX account online this morning to see a $3,024 charge for fuel. Called AMEX and they said people fill RVs and boats with the card so they don't put an authorization limit on charges.

They did suspend the charge. Now I know.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Geesh, and I thought I bought a lot of diesel fuel the weekend before down in TN when filling 4 of our Church buses at the same time for the return trip home from a Senior High youthgroup trip, We totaled $1,326, - or about 375 gallons of fuel!

Still the cheapest way to transport multitudes though. And with a bathroom on board we ROLL (as in non-stop).