VW Offering CPO Unlimited Mileage on TDIs

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
This just in:

TDI vehicles with less than 75,000 miles qualify for certification under the VW CPO program and generate a unique benefit for consumers— 2-Year Unlimited Mileage CPO Warranty. There is a great marketing opportunity with the CPO TDI Unlimited Mileage Warranty... Considering the concurrent 4-year emissions system warranty on each TDI sold, no other used car can match the coverage claims that VW dealers can tout.

Additionally:

We are happy to announce that VW has released the global suppression of 2015 & 2016 new, unsold TDI vehicle VINs on dealer websites that have undergone the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM). This effort has gone into effect and modified TDI vehicles can now be found in dealer website inventories...

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
I appreciate it! While not new, I am. Just purchased 2014 JSW with 25,000 miles and seem to have a AC/heater blower motor going out so to get it repaired under warranty would be great.

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I appreciate it! While not new, I am. Just purchased 2014 JSW with 25,000 miles and seem to have a AC/heater blower motor going out so to get it repaired under warranty would be great.
If the heater / AC blower is intermittent the most likely cause is a plug that has corroded or is loose and not making good connection.
I think you can get to it under the dash on the right hand side.
The resistor in the duct is what caused the dropped voltage that slows the fan and if it runs only at high speed this resistor is bad.
I don;t know how trouble prone this plug is in the VWs as my JSWs never had this problem, but it is rampant in Tacoma Toyota trucks.

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
If the heater / AC blower is intermittent the most likely cause is a plug that has corroded or is loose and not making good connection.
I think you can get to it under the dash on the right hand side.
The resistor in the duct is what caused the dropped voltage that slows the fan and if it runs only at high speed this resistor is bad.
I don;t know how trouble prone this plug is in the VWs as my JSWs never had this problem, but it is rampant in Tacoma Toyota trucks.

Thanks for that bit of trouble shooting red, but no that's not the prob. There is just a real noticeable vibration on third fan speed setting ac on or off, engine on or off. Defrost, floor, or mid setting. I'm sure its there at the other speeds but just most noticeable on 3. Its like something fell in the squirrel cage and is throwing it out of round.

Sorry to high jack the thread

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Check for leaves and trash build up in there. Found that same issue on my wife's old Hyundai. Pain getting in there, thankfully she has tiny hands and I let her clean it out.

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Well as we all know youtube is our friend. After watching a couple of heater motor specific vids it turns out the motor is really easy to access and remove, which I did only to have enough dirt fall out that once cleaned up and blown out took care of the vibration. Good to go now.

Oh ya, aboot this thread I did check at the dealer and I do still have some power train warranty still in effect.

Thanks all!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
This just in:

TDI vehicles with less than 75,000 miles qualify for certification under the VW CPO program and generate a unique benefit for consumers— 2-Year Unlimited Mileage CPO Warranty. There is a great marketing opportunity with the CPO TDI Unlimited Mileage Warranty... Considering the concurrent 4-year emissions system warranty on each TDI sold, no other used car can match the coverage claims that VW dealers can tout.

Additionally:

We are happy to announce that VW has released the global suppression of 2015 & 2016 new, unsold TDI vehicle VINs on dealer websites that have undergone the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM). This effort has gone into effect and modified TDI vehicles can now be found in dealer website inventories...
Except that I learned first hand - if it breaks, and it's CPO - you're better off fixing it yourself. My CPO warranty is what stopped me from having the dealer do anything other than window tint to my TDIs.

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
VW did me just fine with a CPO GTI. Spun a rod bearing at around 60,000 miles. I had the receipts to show I changed the oil, and they installed a brand new engine and turbo. Cost me $50 deductible. Took a few weeks for them to decide to cover it, but in the end it saved me more than $10,000.

AlexBenjamin

TDI
Volkswagen
Keeping your car's maintenance should be the top priority. If you are on road, and car breaks down, it's not a good sign for you and your car. Then we have to call the insurance company for roadside assistance and towing.

lemoncurd

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 CJAA GTB2266
holy bump.
but yes maintenance should be priority 1 beyond making the car road legal (insurance, registration, safety, etc)

AlexBenjamin

TDI
Volkswagen
holy bump.
but yes maintenance should be priority 1 beyond making the car road legal (insurance, registration, safety, etc)
Totally agree, auto insurance adds a lot to our finances. Depending on the year of the car insurance price can vary. Plus if we are moving from 1 city to another, registration process can take time and money.