Sdi pd camshaft into TDI PD

Chichi2k

TDI
1.9 tdi
I know that there are some threads on this but , is actually someone rolling with SDI cam in TDI PD ? I am looking to install a 2.0 GOLF 5 SDI cam into 1.9 AVF soon . I previously owned a Seat Leon 1.9 ASV which ended up with 240HP . Among alot of mods , i used a SDI cam into it . Because i knew my car , the difference was immediately , i noticed a stronger exhaust sound , and increse in torque , starting from 1900RPM car was noticeably more aggresive and rpm went up quicker . I wish if someone installed SDI into PD can say something about how he felt the car after . Cheers .

Zak3

Veteran Member
TDI
98' Audi A3 8L (from AGR to ARL)
I think it’s the same camshaft for all 4cyl PD engines !

Chichi2k

TDI
1.9 tdi
Well , its not the same oem code. And if u ever drove sdi u will find it nicer to drive than a tdi without turbo working.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
It might be different OEM code but unless you swap it over we wont know the difference ! What e meant is there is little difference between cams and you're better off spending your money on other modds...

Chichi2k

TDI
1.9 tdi
Well its sure that it has higher duration on injectors and that s a start. Uneducated guess tells me at least 10 15hp gain

Chichi2k

TDI
1.9 tdi
Ofc it has lobes that press on injectors . So i assume that for SDI injector lobes are different so that s where duration difference come from

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I believe the main difference is the exhaust valve lobe duration. Gains should be mostly on the low end of powerband. Probably quite useful for spooling a big, lazy turbo.