View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2019, 10:43   #3
Lex Tdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Passat

Buy one bottle of vw def fluid that has the screw on "depress-able" nozzle. Fill your def tank with that. Cut off the bottom of the bottle... Go to truck stop or wherever def is cheap. Bring a rag to keep the air tube from spitting at you. Screw on bottle, depress, fill with def until full. Fill every oil change.... never see your light come on again. I have used the same bottle for over 5 years with no issues. Clean out any crystals that form after drying.

I do have the luxury of having a 250 gal tote of def at work with a pump and fairly small nozzle so i dont really know how much i put in each time.... guessing in the 2-3 gal range.

I'm confused on why you would replace your oil filler cap each time? I have had the same one for 6 years with zero issues. You do change the 3 rubber gaskets in the housing each time but that comes with the filters. Is that what you are looking for?

You can get total quartz ineo 3pack from amazon for $35 for 5 quarts which leaves you a little bit over for each change.
Thanks to Paramedick (Bruce) for being my local Guru for over a decade!
Lex Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06835 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.11 Kb. compressed to 13.60 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (10.00%)]