View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2019, 22:03   #8
glester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdyno718 View Post
Last October I managed to pick up a 2012 SE Passat Manual with 125k miles. It too was not bought back under dieselgate and was traded into the VW dealer. I suspect that the PO wanted to keep the car but it threw a CEL and he cleared it and traded it in. I suspect this because I bought the car and drove it home, CEL popped on... It ended up needing over $6k worth of parts and labor... DPF, EGR, intercoolers, battery, lots more... Anyways the dealership had my car for over 2 weeks before they offered to put me in a 2015 manaul. I said no way as the 2012's have the faux leather, DUAL CLIMATE control, and much nicer console/interior. I worked out a deal were they paid for the parts and I did the labor... cost them a little over $3k just for parts... YIKES.
Do the other model years, '13 and '14, have these same features?
anyways the car had a new turbo put in around 85K and now all these new parts I am happy as a clam.
I previously owned a the same car but in white, this one is silverish, was debating on keeping it until someone hit me, minor repairable damage but with the windfall from insurance plus the buyout, i couldn't pass it up. SOOOO glad to be back in an "un-fixed" tdi.
My 2013 SE does not have dual climate control, but it has faux leather. Not sure about the nicer console/interior. I'm not familiar enough with the various trims and the changes over the years. The entertainment console is pretty basic and that seems just fine to me. The bluetooth works just fine and the touch is responsive enough. No backup camera or nav, but I hear the system with those features tend to be problematic anyway. The more simple the systems, the better for me. Less that can go wrong.

Also I'm planning to pull my DPF and blank my EGR with a flash here fairly soon. Fortunately I live in a state that doesn't do emissions tests on lightweight diesel vehicles. I'll report back after that is done.

But I'm a bit confused about your last paragraph. Somebody hit you recently in your 2nd Passat TDI and you took the insurance money and they took the car? Or you took the insurance money and kept the car? If you get rid of it, it'll be hard to find another one. They are a rare one for sure.
glester is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06899 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.50 Kb. compressed to 15.03 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (8.91%)]