View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019, 09:57   #5
glester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
6MT NMS were sold from 2012 thru 2014, there were way more rare than the DSG as
I think was only offered on S or SE stripper models. I'm just guessing but of all NMS TDIs sold the production rate of 6MT was less than 5%.

While many people who had the option of VW buying it back took them up on the option, there was no fix so VW isn't reselling any of them they most likely crushed em.

Only one still on the road didn't receive the standard compensation, and no extended warranty, also I'd be curious if CA would allow it to be registered, but alas your in Seatle, so moot point.

2015 6MT were also an option but those have an EPA fix and should be less rare.
Totally legal to register in CA. It had passed Smog when I bought it. The federal EPA emmisions standards are different than the state ones and there was apparently a fix for CA via some sort of ECU flash. I spoke with the original owner about it. Also reflected in the Carfax with failed emmisions and then a pass right after to coincide with his explanation.

Additionally, I overstated when I said "only Passat TDI of its kind" because I know of at least another that has the same year and config that replied to another post I had here. However, I suppose I was referring to the fact that you cannot find them for sale at all...anywhere. And the fact I got mine for under $5700...feel like I stole it.
glester is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06637 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.70 Kb. compressed to 14.23 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.37%)]