2001 VW Golf GLS TDI - 2 Owner Vehicle! (St. Paul, MN)

lschirer

TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI
SOLD

Photos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wyv5gf5TVcbYqxbdzedNHWUrxHgGQs5x

2001 Volkswagen Golf GLS TDI - 306,000 miles

Asking Price: $2400

I am the 2nd owner of this vehicle and have ALL maintenance records. This vehicle has not been modified and there have been no major issues, other than normal upkeep repairs. The timing belt and water pump have been replaced at the suggested mileages. I am still averaging 40 mpg highway.

The ERG valve has been blocked off, so there is check engine light. I can hook up the scan tool to show that's the only code.

This vehicle has been very well maintained and loved and will be missed. Sadly it was time for me to get a new car. Minnesota winters are always a little rough for diesels. I never had any issues with starting the car in the winter parked in my garage, but some of those below 20 degree days parked outside at work were a real struggle! So, I upgraded to a 2017 VW GTI Sport. :) I'd love to keep it, but it doesn't make sense to have an extra car around.

Recent Maintenance:
  • 5/17/17 - All new wiper blades
  • 2/6/17 - Interstate battery installed
  • 12/5/16 - Left front lower ball joint replaced
  • 10/5/16 - Timing belt, water pump, and fuel filter replaced (300k miles)
  • 10/3/15 - New tires (289,519 miles)

Last edited:

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Sadly, you're probably about $1k too high.

That fender and rocker rust is a good $2,500 fix. I know about this all too well, having bought my Golf from Minnesota and recently (after 2 1/2 years after purchase) had it taken care of: only reason I shelled out for this is because the car is otherwise pristine (was garaged- I purchased it it only had 114k miles; now has 162k miles).

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
You're welcome. I wish that it weren't the case, but... poor design by VW (they were, however, extremely generous in intending the warranty to something silly like 13 years- only if the PO of my car had known about it).

You might try $2k. New TB really helps. The CEL, however, is an issue. Yes, it's for the EGR, but to anyone unfamiliar with this they may not believe it: perhaps generate a printout of the VCDS scan (hoping you have it!) and a printout of the code's breakdown from the RossTech Wiki.