View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2006, 15:07   #46
BKmetz
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmahaffey
I have just discovered that you are correct about AMSOil 5w-40 AFL not being certified by VW as 505.01. However, there is another side to the story. I understand that VW requires a lubricant manufacturer to pay to have their lubricants VW certified, AMSOil has not done this. AMSOil has engineered their AFL oil to meet or exceed all the requirements of the VW 505.01 specification. My 30 years of experience with AMSOil products is that they usually far exceed the specifications. I would be surprised if that is not the case here.
LOL, you have nothing to apologize for. Your only mistake was trying to help those who do not want any help and will tear someone down for trying.

Again, you have provided the perfect example of how the debate goes to the next level. This is exactly how the Amsoil witch-hunts work here. Without VW or API approval there is no way to actually know if any of Amsoil's claims are valid, so... we then go to the next round of personal attacks, FUD Tactics, etc.

Amsoil's reasons for which specification it decides to specify for are its own, it doesn't matter. The guys who sell and use it have no control over that but are vilified anyway. The Amsoil loyalists simple do as you do, and just keep using it, so there! Your 30 years of experience mean nothing as that is just a testimonial and anecdotal infomercial material at best. Someone will simply counter that they too have 30 years experience with some other brand of oil, and so it goes on.

There is never any end or resolution, the debate perpetuates into eternity.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06740 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.70 Kb. compressed to 15.08 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (9.67%)]