Foot Activated Touareg Hatch Problem

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat TDI Variant - United Grey
My Touareg has the foot activated rear hatch, where you stick your foot under the bumper and the hatch opens. I’ve only had the car for 2 days, and the feature worked, but today it went funky. The hatch will respond to the foot, and the taillights will flash, but the hatch only unlocks and won’t actually raise. The hatch opens using the key and the inside release, so I’m thinking that perhaps the computer just needs to reset itself. Anyone else had this? What was your experience?

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Just curious, what yr is your Touareg? I have a 2016 and don't have foot activated lift for tail gate. Unless I need to do something to get it going. It's new to me. Thanks.

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
Just curious, what yr is your Touareg? I have a 2016 and don't have foot activated lift for tail gate. Unless I need to do something to get it going. It's new to me. Thanks.
Mine is a 2014 Execline, and it has a lot of little things installed over some of the lower trim levels of the same year. It’s a pretty neat feature, but not crucial.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Mine is a 2014 Execline, and it has a lot of little things installed over some of the lower trim levels of the same year. It’s a pretty neat feature, but not crucial.

Same here, but I have never been able to figure out the foot hatch function. I think it maybe has worked once ever and I finally stopped dangling my foot at it like a crazy person.

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
Same here, but I have never been able to figure out the foot hatch function. I think it maybe has worked once ever and I finally stopped dangling my foot at it like a crazy person.
I do it on the left side, and you have to thrust your shin toward the rear back up sensor (getting quite close) while slightly shoving your foot underneath. Then, voila!

Yeti35

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Touareg V6 TDI
I would rather have the button on my FOB that opens it every time rather than doing a silly dance to get it to open.

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
I would rather have the button on my FOB that opens it every time rather than doing a silly dance to get it to open.
I have that too.......and a open / close button on the driver’s door panel. 3 glorious ways to open and close my hatch, and a 4th if you also count manually.